Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does UFC commentating and media annoy you in how they sell a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always has. However, you have to understand that the average fan knows virtually nothing about the sport other than that it's violent, even one's who have been watching for a long period. In addition to all the weightlifting meatheads that think their purported interest in fighting makes them red-blooded and tough. Not exactly the sort of crowd that will care or even notice.

Comment

I guess it's because I am new that it is shocking.

However they brainwashed one fan, arguing over boxing and UFC, I said in a street fight punches are usually the first thing to happen, ou don't start on the floor. The speed of a pro boxer, if he lands with no 8/10 ounce BOXING gloves, the KO could happen.

He started saying what about James Toney... proves boxing doesn't win.

I said firstly that isn't a street fight and Toney was fat, you seriously think he was in shape? UFC had to air brush his fat off the posters FFS. His prime was 160 lbs.

Don't get me wrong, boxing has a **** load of ignorant fans, but for the ****er to even talk Toney shows you how manipulated in opinion some fans can be.

I didn't even bother telling him about Dos Santos who i an incredible boxer by UFC standards. If you are strong enough to defend take downs, and can consistently tag the face, it's ****ing dangerous. However Dos Santos is a beast.

Oh and some reason a lot of MMA reporters interviewed JDS and kept saying Overeem's size. Dos Santos isn;t much smaller at all. OK overeem is heavy but that doesn't always mean much. Mir was heavy.
      Last edited by AndNewChampion; 06-30-2012, 03:46 AM.

Comment

jr dos santos would beat any of the klit brothers in boxing or mma

just saying..

Comment

Working...
        X