Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has better Boxing skills Yuriorkis Gamboa or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has better Boxing skills Yuriorkis Gamboa or Nonito Donaire?

Who has better Boxing skills Yuriorkis Gamboa or Nonito Donaire?

Yuriorkis Gamboa hands down. Mayweather is the only one who has better Boxing skills than Gamboa in the game today.

Comment

I'd say Gamboa is faster and hits a lot harder. But for right now Donaire is probably a bit for technically polished because he's in prime form right now whereas Gamboa is just getting started, still young and still a little reckless at times where you don't see Donaire having those types of problems at this point.

Prime for prime though, when Gamboa reaches his prime, O MAN THAT WOULD BE A HELL OF A FIGHT!!!

Comment

I'd agree with that, Nonito is more technical. But Yuriorkis might be faster.

Comment

It close but their abilty to take a punch is not. Plus Donaire fighting a better class opponent makes this mute.

Comment

To me Donaire seems a bit more polished, but it is very close.

I see Gamboa's talent and speed carrying him.

If/when these two fight, it will be great.

Comment

If they matched up against each other?

Handspeed - Gamboa
              Timing - Donaire
              Power - Gamboa, obviously because he's bigger
              Defense - Donaire, slightly

Donaire is more polished although he's a year younger. Gamboa is more powerful although he's a bit undersized, he's built like a mini-Tyson. Gamboa overpowers you and will keep you on the defense once you tasted his power. Donaire invites you, and once you obliged, BOOM!

I don't see this fight happening though, not in the near future at least. Donaire has been gradually moving up, which is the proper way to go. He was fighting as a flyweight less than 2 years ago, against Raul Martinez. He had 3 fights at 115, and now has 2 fights under his belt at 118. Give him a year and a half, 2 years max and put Gamboa on suspended animation or bring him and freeze him in on a crygenics lab, we'll have this fight by Summer of 2013...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                Yuriorkis Gamboa hands down. Mayweather is the only one who has better Boxing skills than Gamboa in the game today.
                I think Rigondeax is up there too. But ye i give it to Gamboa aswell based on his extensive amateur pedigree. The thing with Gamboa and Donaire is that if you took there skills away they would still be competitive, its their athletic gifts that puts them on their own plateau.

Comment

donaire is the much more technically sound fighter.

gamboa has natural athletic abilities that are out of this world.

Comment

nonito ...not even a question....when you see gamboa fight in both orthodox and southpaw stance, let me know....

Comment

Working...
                    X