No announcement yet.

Was Margarito Distracted in The Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh he was distracted, alright.

Distracted by Cotto in the audience holding up a bucket of plaster of mullet and a used arm cast.

Comment

Shane:

effective counter punching
      control of distance
      effective holding
      great use of the jab
      stayed off the ropes
      used marg's aggressive against him

shane said it best himself

"margarito fights hard, but he only fights one way."

margarito had the same determination for this fight as all the others. he was in it until the end, always coming forward until he was knocked out. cotto didnt hold effectively, stayed on the ropes, didnt go to the body, and ate left uppercuts all night. shane knew better.

Comment

I found that both fighters showed negative body language before the fight..
        This is gunna sound wierd but, Tony didnt even get a haircut..
        Hes usually clean cut..

Shane also wasnt as giddy as his usual self.. he looked down..

---
        It really didnt matter because this was a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by mugeninfinity View Post
          Margarito did not seem vintage margarito in the fight. He did not have that passion he did when he went against cotto.

could he have used illegal wraps against cotto? possibly

However, one area that Marg won decisively over cotto was heart. it was clear that he wanted it more.

where was that in the margarito fight.

Was he distracted with the pre-fight situation?

your thoughts
          There are a number of things. 1st off if he really was "distracted" then it can only be because he was caught cheating. I dont think it would bother you if you were innoncent.

As for the fight, Mosley is just a different fihgter. Mosley has one of the best "wills" in the business and its not easy to break it. All of Margarito's opponents run from him but Mosley never did and he was actually pushing Margarito around in the clinch. That means I think he took Margarito's will some. The biggest thing that people have to realize is that no matter how much heart you have, if your not a better fighter then your just not better. There are a ton of fighters who are straight monsters, have a awesome will, and have big time heart but there talent is at a D level so they have a record of 10-7. Margarito obviously is better then that but his talent is so far below Mosley's in nearly every catagory and heart wont overcome that.

PS- Something that no one is talking about is that Margarito did have eye surgery a week before the fight though

Comment

No excuses. If anything, he shoulda been hungry to score a quick KO to save face for the wrap expose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua19355c View Post
              Yeagh He was distracted but only when Margarito saw Chuck Norris pointing at him during the 9th round right about the same time Mosley punched him in the face lol,so it wasnt a KO for Mosley but For Chuck Norris.

Comment

I actually thought he looked more active, but he was beyond sloppy. The conviction was there, but he wasn't nearly as composed as he normally is. I mean he's always looked kinda sloppy, but he's never that sloppy. Plus 2 rounds before the knockout he walked back to his corner with a weird ass look in his eye, he had a look like he's officially takin too many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  There are a number of things. 1st off if he really was "distracted" then it can only be because he was caught cheating. I dont think it would bother you if you were innoncent.

As for the fight, Mosley is just a different fihgter. Mosley has one of the best "wills" in the business and its not easy to break it. All of Margarito's opponents run from him but Mosley never did and he was actually pushing Margarito around in the clinch. That means I think he took Margarito's will some. The biggest thing that people have to realize is that no matter how much heart you have, if your not a better fighter then your just not better. There are a ton of fighters who are straight monsters, have a awesome will, and have big time heart but there talent is at a D level so they have a record of 10-7. Margarito obviously is better then that but his talent is so far below Mosley's in nearly every catagory and heart wont overcome that.

PS- Something that no one is talking about is that Margarito did have eye surgery a week before the fight though
                  Another thing is that Margarito sparred a very low amount of rounds for this fight, if that was a factor, I don't really know but Margarito did not not look composed and sharp at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua19355c View Post
                    Yeagh He was distracted but only when Margarito saw Chuck Norris pointing at him during the 9th round right about the same time Mosley punched him in the face lol,so it wasnt a KO for Mosley but For Chuck Norris,thats why he lost Jk.Seriously though Him being Caught effected him tremendously,It was a good thing he was caught though their could have been lingering effects on mosley ect and other fighters if he wasnt.

what was he caught doing?

Comment

yea he was distracted by mosley kicking his ass

Comment

Working...
                      X