Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight were the HBO commentators watching????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight were the HBO commentators watching????

Let me tell you something. I woke up today, went on a boxing site (not boxingscene) and read "Guerrero beat Berto in a war". Then I watched the fight and I couldn't believe what I was seeing: Guerrero and Berto were holding and clinching for 12 rounds and the HBO commentators were trying to make it look as if we are watching Hagler vs Hearns. What the hell????
    And no disrespect to Berto and Guerrero cause they took facial damage in the fight, BUT: Imagine the same fight without the swollen eyes, just the fight itself, and you would say it is the most boring garbage ass fight you ever saw in your life.
    Kellerman this clown was saying **** like "we are witnessing boxing history, what a war" or something similar. Lampley said garbage like "what a barnburner". Do these HBO clowns think we are stupid???
    Furthermore they were hyping Berto it was unreal. Berto hits Guerrero at the back of the head and Kellerman says "Why is the ref warning Berto? He did nothing wrong."
    these HBO mother****ers are full of ****. Always were, always will be. They are paid hoes and nothing else.
    And I will say it again: no disrespect to Berto and Guerrero cause they did show heart and they did take damage, but the commentary in this fight was absolute ridiculous

Ehhh.. You are too harsh.(but right about HBO )

It was a ugly fight with bursts of excitment.

I think the best way to describe this fight was

If you take the best parts and made it into a 4 minute highlight reel.
    It will be one of the best highlight reels ever.

Both guys took some massive massive punches.

There was one part where Berto hit Guerrero with 4-5 straight upper cuts and Guerrero's head was snapping back and he still kept coming forward. Like I said long stretches of holding but the short bursts of excitment was definitely there.
    Last edited by Deathknight88; 11-25-2012, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I 100% agree with you about the HBO ******S though.

It was a ugly fight with short bursts of quality, they made it sound like a fuking non stop action packed war. lol

Comment

It's as if they make a script based on how they think it will go and then try to make it fit the fight. They saw the odds heavily favoring Berto and went with that.

However, I do think it was one of the most fun fights of the year. A rarity in that it was a brawl with technique. Not a lot of people can recognize that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          I 100% agree with you about the HBO ******S though.

It was a ugly fight with short bursts of quality, they made it sound like a fuking non stop action packed war. lol
          dude it was one of the ugliest fights ever. It looked like Hopkins was fighting Andre Ward if you know what I mean (and John Ruiz being the referee).
          some pple here called Berto vs Guerrero the FOTY. really?? fight of the year?? just cause the HBO commentators made it look like it??
          Last edited by Salardo; 11-25-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
            It's as if they make a script based on how they think it will go and then try to make it fit the fight. They saw the odds heavily favoring Berto and went with that.

However, I do think it was one of the most fun fights of the year. A rarity in that it was a brawl with technique. Not a lot of people can recognize that sort of thing.
            exactly. the HBO team wants to sell something. they dont speak the truth, they want to sell their product. And the name of the product is boxing and Andre Berto. they tell u you are watching the fight of the year even though you are clearly not. and they tell you Berto is doing good when he is clearly not.

Comment

A war doesn't necessarily have to be an aesthetically-pleasing fight to watch.It was a very sloppy,ugly,mailing right,but still a pretty brutal one.They were definitely going overboard with the whole "fight of the year" thing,but there were some exciting moments throughout and the last round was a genuinely great round.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                A war doesn't necessarily have to be an aesthetically-pleasing fight to watch.It was a very sloppy,ugly,mailing right,but still a pretty brutal one.They were definitely going overboard with the whole "fight of the year" thing,but there were some exciting moments throughout and the last round was a genuinely great round.
                I never said they didnt land some brutal shots. I also said they did take both damage, especially Berto. that all doesnt change the fact that the HBO commentary is totally silly when they say it is a fight of the year when Berto and Guerrero are clinching 85 % of each round.

Comment

I enjoyed the fight

Comment

Everyones entitled to their opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X