No announcement yet.

Where is Pirog?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Pirog?

He's coming off a huge KO victory over Danny Jacobs, but hasn't fought in almost 6 months and doesn't have a fight scheduled. His management should be capitalising on the buzz he created in his last fight and have him fighting more often.

This guy is a beast. He's a slick, come forward/pressure fighter, who has power to boot. He can cause some serious damage in and around his division, but that isn't going to happen if he doesn't fight more often. While he looks a young and fresh 30, boxers can age over night and I don't want to see Pirog's immense potential damaged by being left on the shelf. If he fights 3 times a year, he can become a great, great fighter by the time he is 35. Thus it would be a shame to see him slip off the radar knowing how talented he is. It's too soon for him to fight the likes of Martinez, but the Macklin's of the world are made for Pirog and would give him much needed exposure in foreign markets.

So does anybody know what's happening with him?

I have never in my life seen a victory over a 22 year old prospect so over blown as I have with Pirogs victory. The dude is a grown man, 31 years of age and has no big fights lined up. Guys career will be over before it even started. He might be good, he might not but we will never know because he has still yet to face a top 15 fighter in his division.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty disgraceful that he hasn't got anyone line up. The man is super talented.

Comment

Doesn't want to lose the title so he isn't fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty View Post
          great idea,He will be champion forever

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            I have never in my life seen a victory over a 22 year old prospect so over blown as I have with Pirogs victory. The dude is a grown man, 31 years of age and has no big fights lined up. Guys career will be over before it even started. He might be good, he might not but we will never know because he has still yet to face a top 15 fighter in his division.
            The way the American's were talking, Jacob's was the next big thing, so the only reason Pirog's victory was overblown is because of the tendency for all boxing fans to overrate their fighters. However, Pirog is genuinely talented and deserves recognition, while Jacobs was only regarded highly because he is black and American.

Originally posted by Fatty View Post
            Who's going to take the title away from him other than Martinez or Williams? I think absence is more a case of other boxers ducking him. Could be wrong though.

Comment

Yeah I wont be seeing him laid out on the canvas anytime soon seeing as he aint fighting.

Comment

im sure he has one of the titles?.

why not Pirog vs Martinez?.

that would be two titles getting unified,and both styles agaisnt each other could be good.

Comment

Working...
                X