Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Trainer: We're Following Mayweather Blueprint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah....to stay undefeated, he should cherry picked his opponents like chickenfloyd did. He should avoid fighting Loma or teofimo lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
      130 Mayweather would have blasted him in out in no time, dont you fools watch the dam fights.
      130 maybe, but surely not just one!

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        He chose who he fought and would who would bring in the most money. He can't fight everyone at once. The reality is that most of those guys decided to fight him when he was the money guy. Those guys chose not to fight him during his pretty boy days when they were the ones that could make the fight. Ppl trash Floyds competition but praise their favorite fighters opponents when they aren't fighting the same level of opponents consistency.
        He was a great promoter and marketer and boxer, I give him a lot of credit for that. Nothing really wrong with taking the highest reward/lowest risk fights most of the time. It's boxing, it's dangerous so you have to make sure you are getting paid otherwise it can be a stupid profession.

- Who ducked him in his younger days when the fight could have been made?

Floyd does have a great all around resume, but one still has to analyze his later fights/overall resume objectively and realize a lot the big names on there were not at their best, either weight or age/prime wise, and he also never went on the road to fight. Fighting a great fighter outside of their prime/weight at home is not necessarily better than fighting a really good fighter in their prime at a neutral or road location. Usually it's not.

I think Floyd's resume would stack up well against about any current fighter but it wouldn't necessarily blow some of them out of the water. There are some current fighters that have or are building a pretty impressive resume themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          the only fighters Floyd ever fought coming off losses were rematches against Castillo and Maidana. He's beaten every future hall of famer in this era. GTFO here you butt hurt idiot
          Floyd was great...but man you gotta admit in his later days he was fighting guys at the right time and on his terms (weight etc)...just the way it was.

Also as far as losses coming into fights - ODLH was 2-2 in his last 4...Mosley was 8-5 in his last 13...Judah was coming off a loss...Mitchell was 1-1 in his last 2...Berto was 3-3 in his last 6...Pac was 3-2 (or 4-1 if given credit to the Bradley win, but the L was a bad KO)...Maidana was 6-2 going into the first fight...Cotto was 3-1 with a bad KO loss and a few wars...Ortiz was 5-1-1 in last 7...Corley was coming off a loss...

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            Why the fawk would Gary take that fight over Santa Cruz?
            Gary Russell Jr., If No Leo Santa Cruz, 🎯Targeting Tank Davis and Miguel Berchelt

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              He was a great promoter and marketer and boxer, I give him a lot of credit for that. Nothing really wrong with taking the highest reward/lowest risk fights most of the time. It's boxing, it's dangerous so you have to make sure you are getting paid otherwise it can be a stupid profession.

- Who ducked him in his younger days when the fight could have been made?

Floyd does have a great all around resume, but one still has to analyze his later fights/overall resume objectively and realize a lot the big names on there were not at their best, either weight or age/prime wise, and he also never went on the road to fight. Fighting a great fighter outside of their prime/weight at home is not necessarily better than fighting a really good fighter in their prime at a neutral or road location. Usually it's not.

I think Floyd's resume would stack up well against about any current fighter but it wouldn't necessarily blow some of them out of the water. There are some current fighters that have or are building a pretty impressive resume themselves.
              Just make sure when you analyze his later fights that you also analyze Manny under the very same criteria, report youre findings will you, fight for fight same criteria .

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                Just make sure when you analyze his later fights that you also analyze Manny under the very same criteria, report youre findings will you, fight for fight same criteria .
                Honestly I'm not really a Manny fan so I don't have any real interest in that...I thought Floyd won that fight 8-4 pretty easy, but I do think he waited Manny out...my personal opinion

Comment

That worked amazingly, 400k viewers. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    Honestly I'm not really a Manny fan so I don't have any real interest in that...I thought Floyd won that fight 8-4 pretty easy, but I do think he waited Manny out...my personal opinion
                    Well Manny resume is very relevant to Floyd same era lots of common opponents from 130 on same weight classes , you cannot be negative on Floyds resume and be positive on Mannys.

If you dont want to pick Manny then who of this era can you compare Floyd resume to he trumps them all, and for every fighter and every single fight has if buts around them, simply because you can never make everybody happy at the same time.

Like I said if you want analyze Floyds resume it must referenced against somebody along the same time frame, you cannot turn a blind eye to A while criticizing B for doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
                      Better for midget Tank to follow the blue print of midget Pac! Fight the big men like Pac did -Oscar, Cotto, Margarito & Floyd! Stop fighting small boys & unknown guys!
                      LOL .. but make sense .. Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X