Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Deontay Wilder #1 at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is not only the best heavyweight in the world, he's the best heavyweight of all time.

Comment

he's one fight away, and one fight away from being undisputed...if he can win. obviously that's not what he means by "betting on himself" tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        He is #3 in that division
        Well said......

Comment

Wilder has 1 belt and AJ has 4...Hmmmm, 4 vs 1. Wilder got a draw with a guy that isn't even ranked, hmmm.
          Last edited by factsarenice; 05-14-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

After the draw to Fury idk that there is much of an argument one can have that Wilder is #1. And idk that there was much of an argument pre-Fury. I considered Wilder #2 previous to Fury & now consider him #3 cuz I thought Fury won the fight.

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            How would you expect AJ vs. Fury and AJ vs. Wilder to go? Would you expect Fury vs. Wilder II to be any different than their first fight?
            I think AJ vs Wilder is probably a 60/40 AJ fight. Wilder's power is a equalizer & AJ isn't THAT good.

Fury vs AJ is probably a 70/30 Fury fight. I don't think this is a great matchup for AJ. I think AJ has less ability to land crazy power on Fury like Wilder did & AJ's never going to outbox Fury. Fury will do AJ like he did Wladimir with as much confidence or close to it I'd bet.

One thing I'll say about Fury with the Wilder rematch specifically but in general with Fury's future is I think he kinda got f#cked up by those KD's specifically that 2nd one vs Wilder. I don't necessarily mean physically, but I mean mentally, confidence-wise I think it f#cked with him. And I'm not entirely sure he wants another big fight anytime soon & not unlike with him jumping up to fight Wilder out of nowhere that had me questioning Fury's chances I kinda feel like when AJ or Wilder pop up as next for Fury I'll be having doubts about Fury mentally being ready once again.

But just thinking about the fight assuming all things are on the up & up as much as they can be with Fury I tend to think he's a 60/40 favorite over Fury in a rematch.

And this is assuming all fights would happen next cuz obviously we are always learning new info about fighters as they progress in their career & with Fury specifically I think he could go entirely off the rails despite being the best talent in the HW division right now even if I don't have him #1 yet (still gotta win the fights).

Comment

Why is it a garbage thread? The purpose of the thread is to gauge how many people really do rate Wilder as the best in his division. Just cast your vote without inciting petty arguements brony, thanks.
              It isn't a petty argument brony, it's a dumb question that has an obvious answer. Only trolls on here would say Wilder is #1 at heavyweight, nobody really believes he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Wilder is not only the best heavyweight in the world, he's the best heavyweight of all time.
                Yup.. Not just his time or that time or this time.. all time!

Comment

There is no valid case to be made for Deontay Wilder being the #1 heavyweight so it's just a question to root out idiots or people who don't pay attention. His only great win is Ortiz and in his most meaningful fight he lost to Fury. Joshua is a unified champion and Fury beat Wilder and Klitschko, enough said.

If someone were to consider him #1 it would have to be for some intangible reason because based on his record it's impossible for him to be any higher than #3.

Comment

How would you expect AJ vs. Fury and AJ vs. Wilder to go? Would you expect Fury vs. Wilder II to be any different than their first fight?
                    I would expect Fury to get KO'd by both AJ and Wilder in the rematch.

That shouldn't be seen as a knock on Fury because I think he would outbox both for long stretches of each fight but eventually he would get caught and I believe he wouldn't get up this time.

AJ v Wilder I would expect AJ to win.

Comment

Of course he's not lol...No fucking way!

Comment

Working...
                      X