No announcement yet.

If GGG retired today would he rank in the top 100 among ATG's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
    And if you think so where does he place?
    Hey. At least let him KO Jacobs first. There is nobody on this board who has a 100 greatest of all time boxers list written down. Starting with the greatest boxer and going down in order to the 100th greatest. You don't have a list like that do you? I doubt anyone even has a top 50 list. There might be a few top 20 lists but that's about it. With his accomplishments and the records he has set I would rank GGG pretty high up in the best 100 boxers of all time. I admit to never having made up any type of greatest of all time list. I also admit to not having enough knowledge of all the great boxers of the past to make an accurate list. Just for the hell of it I will rank GGG the 57th best boxer of all time if he retired today. I make no claim to that being an accurate or correct placement of him.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      can you count?

that's not 15
      BoxRec doesn't have Golovkin rated in their top 50 fighters at middleweight, so pick another half dozen (BoxRec currently has Golovkin at #88).

Stanley Ketchel
      Jake LaMotta
      Jermain Taylor
      Bennie Briscoe
      Freddie Steele
      Sergio Martinez
      Kelly Pavlik
      Harry Greb
      Gene Fulmer

Comment

even if there is a list of 100 ATG honestly I'll just go straight to 20 and read down. who gives a damn who #94 is for example. we just have to take the word of boxing historians that all say SRR is the GOAT even though none of us seen him fight in prime form. from #2 onward it all depends who you ask or what article you read.

it's tough to judge GGG at the moment because he's not getting the fights we wanna see him in. let's say by this point he had already defeated Cotto, Canelo, Froch and Ward. then its a no brainer. but for whatever reason these fights have not happened.

we judge boxers based on resume not eye test. if eye test was enough then Joan Guzman must be ATG too. right now the only name that jumps at you from GGG resume is Brook.

Comment

lol how the hell would he be top 100. He hasn't beaten anybody.

Comment

While I don't have a list, I somehow doubt he'd crack it.

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            GGG at the very least should be ranked ahead of someone like Pernell Whitaker.
            Good joke.

Comment

Larry exposing some clowns

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Look at this hater.

You can see his kind slithering thru the grass like snakes.

Why are you acting like GGG isn't being ducked? Is it his fault?

A list of people who you didn't fight for whatever reason doesn't get you into the ATG list.

Every other boxer, pretty much forever, has managed to get career defining fights if they're good enough to get to that stage. Maybe GGG needs to make concessions to get those fights done if he cares about his legacy and not just business.

Comment

Those saying he makes top 100 are doing so because of hype. People used to say Tyson was the greatest ever now he doesn't make a top 10 HW list. During Pac Mania he used to be in the top 5 on all time lists now he doesn't break the top 10. When hype machine dies all that's left is the resume and Golovkins doesn't hold up against ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                    Gatti and McGuigan are in the hall of fame.

It's not that hard.
                    I know McGuigan is held up as the worst example, and I don't know enough about the circumstances to judge. Gatti got in for entertainment purposes. He was in one of the iconic trilogies of all time and one of those blood and guts warriors that drew fans to the sport.

Golovkin doesn't have that, so I don't think he gets in the Gatti way. He's just beating up a weak division for a few years. Don't think it is enough yet.

Comment

• buuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Comment

Working...
                      X