me on the bag (still alot to learn)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me on the bag (still alot to learn)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7xa...e=channel_page

So this is based on what i've picked up so far. A little constructive criticism would be a great help. Where i am right now is based off of a year of dabbling, and a few months of semi-consistent training (my trainer is unreliable). Whenever i visit my brother down south i absorb as much as i can. Lemme know what you think..

loosen up...your waaay to robot-like

Comment

i would get a bigger bag.

And a couple of punches you threw were slow and not really fluid, the hooks you were throwing looked a little forced

Comment

i'm going to work on staying loose. Watching this video at first i did notice some of my punches werent fluid at all (i seemed to also not hit as hard). I tried to make a second video after practicing some more/different combinations but my camera crapped out. I feel like this video didn't really display me at my best but you can get an idea and still see how i'm progressing. I'll post another soon. Any other feedback would be great:boobies:

Comment

just keep practicing and watch alot of professional boxing. we cant see much from a few seconds of hitting a bag that doesent hit you back but from the looks, you keep your hands up and pivot your feet. your balance and coordination isnt bad either so just keep practicing. throw some upper cuts in there/ combos.
          Last edited by Zarco; 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM.

Comment

lookt good but u should put ur body into ur upercuts.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerX View Post
              lookt good but u should put ur body into ur upercuts.
              i would but my bag is rock hard at the bottom. i need to invest in a better bag or an angled bag before it messes up my form

Comment

You A) need a heavier bag or B) can use that bag to help with getting snappy punches, meaning you focus on speed of combinations and punching in to the bag only an inche or two while turning your fist over right at the end.

I think you used your left only like 10 times that whole vid but threw double or more of right hands, you gotta mix it up or you'll get creamed, its easy to see a right coming especially if its a lead. I think you need to work on the speed of your combinations (keep form tight though) and shadowbox more. I'm willing to bet money that you hardly shadowbox, maybe as a warm up, am I right?

FYI if your bag is soft at the top but rock hard at the bottom you should take your bag down once in a while, roll it around and leave it upside down or on its side at least. Helps keep it more evenly packed. Good luck.

Comment

How long have you been boxing?

Comment

your jabs are very fluent, are you left handed? Work on your right hands they look very bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X