Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best thing to take pre work out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go visit a burn ward filled with children! Try a hospice retreat! Maybe a high security prison with lifers in view??? Talk with a soilder with artiffical limbs!

That should motivate you to live life!! These are some of the ventures I used to take my kids to see before they started to train seriously! It served them very well, it always works!!
    Boxing in the prison was a real eye opener hahaha!!!

Don't forget to wish them all well and to say thank you. Ray.

Comment

Got Piss ?

Comment

I drink orange cordial, it's nothing fancy but I burn up the sugar in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          It's still on the shelves with 1,3 in it. I can go buy it right now.

Jack3d is the ****.

You're from America right? It got taken off the shelves in the U.K months back but I guess some supplement stores/gyms will still have it behind the counter.

I prefer whole food it gives what I'd describe as a much cleaner energy.

I used BPI 1MR when that first came out, its a more potent version of the original Jack3d formula. I tried a scoop of that and nothing, I'm pretty big guy so gulped down another 2 and I literally felt my heart was going to explode. I was close to calling the Dr out and probably would of it got any worse/I wasn't rather embarrassed.
          Sweating and I felt sick, a proper bad headache. I felt proper out of it like I was on some nasty ass drug and that was my call to give these pre workouts a miss.

They're basically drugs and almost give you a high. In fact some may argue they're even stronger than some of the drugs around today which is probably why a lot of the ingredients are used in legal highs/party drugs.

Comment

I don't take anything at all. Sometimes if I've had a nap and can't wake up fully from it before a workout I have just a tiny bit of sugar...not enough to spike my blood sugar to cause an insulin rush...about 1/5th of a teaspoon. If you're training hard 5 days a week it's not surprising that you feel tired and probably need a little break...say a week off. Then try a 4 day a week program and see how that works...that's my schedule and I take a week or 2 off every 13 weeks or when needed. You have to use a periodization type of training cycle to avoid breaking down...take it easy when you are tired and don't rush it until you are fully recovered from it...then you can give it a push for say 4-6 weeks.
            Last edited by jaded; 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

good post....................its called "reading your body"! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                I work out atleast 5 days a week..but somedays i really have to make myself go cause i seem to lack energy..whats the best thing to take or eat to get that needed energy?
                Here's my pre workout drink.
                1 cup of water or Coconut water
                1 Banana
                1 scoop of whey protein
                1 cup chobani greek yogurt
                1/2 tea spoon of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy. I've been doing this for years and it gives me
                So much energy.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I don't take anything at all. Sometimes if I've had a nap and can't wake up fully from it before a workout I have just a tiny bit of sugar...not enough to spike my blood sugar to cause an insulin rush...about 1/5th of a teaspoon. If you're training hard 5 days a week it's not surprising that you feel tired and probably need a little break...say a week off. Then try a 4 day a week program and see how that works...that's my schedule and I take a week or 2 off every 13 weeks or when needed. You have to use a periodization type of training cycle to avoid breaking down...take it easy when you are tired and don't rush it until you are fully recovered from it...then you can give it a push for say 4-6 weeks.
                  yea man..in the last 9 days ive worked out 8 days 2 hours at a time...my body feels very tired but i dont want to take to much time off,i feel like i may lose something

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                    yea man..in the last 9 days ive worked out 8 days 2 hours at a time...my body feels very tired but i dont want to take to much time off,i feel like i may lose something
                    You're going to crash...recovery is everything when it comes to training. You will make much more progress with less...hate to say it but you will eventually start to feel sick...been there...done that.

Comment

1MR makes jacked and the others seem like kids stuff. I haven't tried craze but its popular and if I could get some samples I would try it.

I drink coffee and have banging music played through decent headphones. I don't need anything else to get me in the zone and fired up. Music is the key for me, without it my work outs are not as intense. Get some banging tunes on and report back

Comment

Working...
                      X