Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum "Donaire/Mares only on HBO, Showtime VP a 'creep,' "

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well GBP said they were willing to do anything to make the fight so lets see if they do

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I certainly didn't think it was going to happen, I just find it odd how he is running down Showtime who is one of two viable options for paying decent money for fights.

It doesn't seem like a wise business move but Arum is famous for burning bridges.
      Seeing how Showtime is working with GBP, I think he has pretty much given up on working with them (Showtime). He did say somewhere that he calls and Espinoza doesn't pick up. Could be lying but for some reason I believe it.

Comment

I rarely hated people in my life time, but Arum is there.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Seeing how Showtime is working with GBP, I think he has pretty much given up on working with them (Showtime). He did say somewhere that he calls and Espinoza doesn't pick up. Could be lying but for some reason I believe it.
          Still either you can try to resolve the situation, or burn the bridge. There may come a day when Arum will need Showtime like when HBO realizes he has burnt that bridge so they can put the screws to him. Arum can make his small PPVs and stay afloat but without network backing it is a much tougher road to build stars.

I am going to laugh though when Hauser comes out with a piece dogging Showtime like the ones he used to write about HBO.

Comment

Espinoza is Gbp bitc$. It's really annoying seeing de la Hoya and Schaffer at every single fight on show time. Lol maybe I'm just *****ing cause I had to pay a subscription to get show time cause there more involved in the fight game. But arums right nonito is the better fighter and the bigger name so it should be on hbo.

Comment

Golden Boy is with Showtime, Top Rank is with HBO

we got it

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post

we got it
                Actually Golden Boy has no problem working with HBO. They promote Adrien Broner who just fought on that channel. Seth Mitchell was on there as well.

So the way I see it, GBP is able to work fine with BOTH Showtime and HBO.

It is Top Rank and the prick Bob Arum who have crippled themselves, limiting the exposure of their fighters to just HBO. All because he doesn't know how to get along with people.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-06-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post

we got it
                  Lol no... More like golden boy had options where Arum only has one.. Also Arum already tried to turn hbo on golden boy and failed which pisses him off more haha

Comment

Donaire is the shot caller. Mares has to bend to his whims.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                      isn't Espinoza Mares's manager?
                      espi who?

it's devil arum runnin da show.

Comment

Working...
                      X