Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 most violent cities in the world - latest ratings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a whole lot of murders for a city with 800 K people....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      that's a whole lot of murders for a city with 800 K people....
      seriously.

if i were to go by that list and that list alone i would never visit mexico or south america.

don't believe the hype though. mexico is awesome. just don't leave the mother phuckin' resort.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Any idea why Latin America is so violent? 40/50 are from there.

drugs, shady governments / organizations, a recent history of violent revolution

american guns

this is just me speculating, of course.

i'd say the number one reason is the cocaine industry. there are some incredibly wealthy people down there who are 100% illigitimate.

crazy to think about. imagine if bill gates, were a drug lord... that would be one powerful empire, run through violence.

Comment

Jesus, Mexico has like 6 of the top 10, not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Jesus, Mexico has like 6 of the top 10, not good.
            crazy man. honestly though, as somebody who has lived there, is it really that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              crazy man. honestly though, as somebody who has lived there, is it really that bad?
              My experience of Mexico is nothing like that. I lived there for many years and you knew about the drug cartels but nobody ever even talked about them. they killed each other but never normal everyday citizens.

That changed because of the way the former president attacked them. When everything is going good, there are no killings, when everything is tough on them, they kill for control and power.

I have gone to Mexico in recent years and never seen any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                I am guessing the bad areas are super bad and the far off areas are ok?

Pak feels like that. I would never go up North, but Punjab felt super safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  My experience of Mexico is nothing like that. I lived there for many years and you knew about the drug cartels but nobody ever even talked about them. they killed each other but never normal everyday citizens.

That changed because of the way the former president attacked them. When everything is going good, there are no killings, when everything is tough on them, they kill for control and power.

I have gone to Mexico in recent years and never seen any of that.
                  of the cities mentioned in this list, have you ever visited any of them?

thanks for answering, btw. i have been but it was in a resort. we rarely left and if we did it was with a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                    I am guessing the bad areas are super bad and the far off areas are ok?

Pak feels like that. I would never go up North, but Punjab felt super safe.
                    i have seen some beautiful photos of Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Yeah but Cowley Road is where all the non-geniuses live.
                      Agreed - but I live off the Iffley road - right near the Rowing Club.

Comment

Working...
                      X