No announcement yet.

NBC boxing peaks at a 3.1 rating, wins youth demographic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC boxing peaks at a 3.1 rating, wins youth demographic

according to NBC's twitter the overnights averaged a rating of 2.5 peaking at 3.1 and won the 18-40 demographic for the night. It was also the most watched sport event on the weekend.

I'm not sure what the rating point equals but UFC on FOX 14 pulled a 1.4 rating point and that was 2.5 million people. UFC on FOX won pulled 5.7 million with a 4.0 rating point. These are also only overnights so they will likely be higher when they are fully counted tomorrow.

This is just a guess but if that is indeed just the rating point and not the actual number in millions then the over nights are probably at 4-5 million. If that is the case the full count might be 6 million. But that's only if it matches up with the UFC ratings. I don't really know.

NBCS
    Overnight rating for PBC on NBC increased every half hour & peaked at 3.01 from 10:30-11pm ET for final 6 rounds of Thurman-Guerrero bout

Premier Boxing Champions debut show led NBC to broadcast primetime victory in Adults 18-49.
    Last edited by croz; 03-08-2015, 12:29 PM.

That's great. Great for boxing.

Comment

That's a great start.

Comment

Ratings went up during the night but Im sure a lot of people tuned off after that dreadful first fight

Comment

4-5 million views there you go that what they needed with those salaries they paying the fighters

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
            4-5 million views there you go that what they needed with those salaries they paying the fighters
            just for the record I don't know if that' the actual number or even if NBC is talking in rating points millions. If it is indeed in the 5 million viewer range it could be 6 million by tomorrow but we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

That is good ratings for the first event but the challenge is to make that number GROW the next event

Comment

Think that's a good start, especially opposite unc v duke.

Comment

That's good. Hopefully it continues to get better and better.

I was at a pub last night during the Broner fight and it wasn't on one tv. I think alot of people haven't caught on yet and the numbers will improve as the word gets out more. Thurman/Ghost was a really good fight so that should help.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                    just for the record I don't know if that' the actual number or even if NBC is talking in rating points millions. If it is indeed in the 5 million viewer range it could be 6 million by tomorrow but we'll have to wait and see.
                    Anything over 4 million is what they need

Comment

Working...
                    X