No announcement yet.

M. Garcia vs Gamboa.... who wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Rehydrating 18lbs seems a bit excessive imho. Was he rehydrating that much at 126lb? He's a small guy (5'5 with a 65'' reach), so it's not like he's gaining some tremendous size advantage by rehydrating so much (i.e. Chavez Jr). I guess we'll see in his next fight. If he comes in 148 again and his punch resistance/stamina seems to be out of the ordinary, then he should probably move up.
    It sounds like quite a bit, I agree. I don't know what Gamboa's fight night weight usually was at featherweight. I've heard that his walking around weight is at least 150, which is essentially what it was versus Farenas. Yuri looked cut at that weight, and didn't appear sluggish to me. Gamboa's short, but very muscular. Theoretically, he can compete at 147, although 140 is probably Yuri's outermost limit.

Comment

i want to say Garcia but i think Gamboa is too quick for him but Garcia can def hurt Gamboa

Comment

Rematch? For what?

That was a certified ass whuppin. Salido is tailor made for Mikey, how you cannot see that is beyond me.

Comment

garcia is almost like a huge punching chad dawson
          he has no killer instinct it seems when he has his guy hurt
          he made it worse on himself vs salido by letting him off the hook countless times and if the fight had gone on probabley stood a good chance to lose

this fight is tough though, mikey has the advantage as he's the more likely to get more kd's and win a decision

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Rematch? For what?

That was a certified ass whuppin. Salido is tailor made for Mikey, how you cannot see that is beyond me.
            Same reason I was interested in seeing Danny Garcia fight Morales again. The best way to retire an old fighter is in the ring, lets them know that they just don't have it anymore. Danny not only KO'ed Morales, but he showed some improvements. Mikey can possibly do to Salido what Danny did to Morales.

Comment

Mikey would knock Gamboa down multiple times to a KO TKO stoppage! If Salido and Farenas both knocked Gamboa down, Mikey would destroy Gamboa and his career!

Comment

Working...
              X