Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great is the movie "Idiocracy"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] How great is the movie "Idiocracy"?

I mean, really? Can a movie be anymore outrageously fictitious, and hilarious, but at the same time, present some stinging truth, and reality?

We already knew Mike Judge was a comedic, satirical genius with Beavis and Butthead, and King of the Hill. . .

But with Idiocracy, he completely outdoes himself. . . I dare say it's better than Office Space. Or at least IMO it is.

PLEASE, when you have the time, watch this movie. . .

Great movie, It paints a very bleak picture of the US in the not too distant future.

Comment

Funny as hell great movie with a ton of one liners.

Carl's Jr. Computer: Enjoy your EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES!
      Woman at Carl's Jr.: You didn't give me no fries, I got an empty box.
      Carl's Jr. Computer: Would you like another EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES?
      Woman at Carl's Jr.: I said I didn't get any!
      Carl's Jr. Computer: Thank you! Your account has been charged. Your balance is zero. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase.
      Woman at Carl's Jr.: What? Oh no, NO!
      [She hits the machine. An alarm goes off, and a sign appears on the computer saying "WARNING! Carl's Jr. Frowns Upon Vandalism"]
      Carl's Jr. Computer: I'm sorry you're having trouble. I'm sorry you're having trouble.
      Woman at Carl's Jr.: Come on! My kids are starvin'!
      Carl's Jr. Computer: [the woman kicks the computer, and it sprays a fast-acting tranquilizer in her face] This should help you calm down. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase. Your kids are starving. Carl's Jr. believes no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr. Carl's Jr... "**** You, I'm Eating."
      [Joe approaches the computer]
      Carl's Jr. Computer: Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our EX

Comment

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.
        Share this quote

Unaware of what year it was, Joe wandered the streets desperate for help. But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and ***gy to them.

Comment

a great & very underrated movie, this and Team America: World Police should be watched back to back

Comment

Love it and I only recommend it to people who would understand it.

Office Space is still his best work imo, but this **** is funny as hell.

Comment

It's what plants crave.

Comment

I'll give it a miss. You said Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a work of art and claimed to understand Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                  I'll give it a miss. You said Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a work of art and claimed to understand Prometheus.
                  Hahah I never said "work of art" in regards to ROTPOTA! I just said it was a very good "reboot" of the series. It's one of the few reboots, or remakes that does justice to such a classic movie.

And I DID understand Prometheus! My first time watching it, I explained to you what happened, and answered all your questions! And you were all like "you're just assuming. . " but LOL, SIR FLABBERS, LOL! That's all we can do in movies that are intended to have a sequel, and actually make the viewer think! AND, everything I said, was buttressed by experts on youtube who had watched the movie like 10 times! Ahhh< SIR FLABBERS! Feeble minded Sir Flabbers! hahahaha

But I do think you would love this movie. 1.) It makes fun of yanks, and 2.) It's funny as ****.

"Welcome to Costco, I love you."

Comment

Don't worry Scrot! Plenty of tards out there living kick ass lives!

My first wife was half tarded.

She's a pilot now.

Comment

Working...
                    X