Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: Numbers don't lie... He's nothing but 44. (new FH interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather: Numbers don't lie... He's nothing but 44. (new FH interview)

http://fighthype.com/news/article14042.html
    http://fighthype.com/news/article14048.html

I'm on my phone or otherwise I would copy all the text over, but there's some interesting stuff there. Particularly his thoughts on Canelo trying to force him to agree to a September date. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

I don't think it's possible to copy-paste fighthype articles but it was a funny interview imo.

I laughed when the interviewer asked him about not having any legs.

Comment

I didnt really learn anything new in this interview although the comment about his legs not being amputated was funny.

The points about not guaranteeing canelo made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I didnt really learn anything new in this interview although the comment about his legs not being amputated was funny.

The points about not guaranteeing canelo made sense.
        If he said the moon was made of his old toenail clippings, it would make sense to you.

Comment

Shots fired at Canelo. LMAO

"I'm under contract with Showtime and CBS, so a fighter that I made famous, Canelo, how can he give me an ultimatum? When I was his age, I was champion too. Where he's at compared to where I was at, if you pull up the record, I don't remember everyone I fought by that time, but I fought Genaro Hernandez and Angel Manfredy when Angel Manfredy just gout finished beating Arturo Gatti. I fought solid, top competition. I'm not going to say that he can't fight or he's not a good fighter, but how can I let a 22-year-old kid, who just got into the sport of boxing, give me an ultimatum," stated undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who responded to comments made by WBC jr. middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez regarding a potential clash later this year.

Mayweather recently spoke to FightHype.com about a number of subjects, and when the topic of Alvarez' ultimatum came up, he made it crystal clear that he's not even thinking about entertaining the demands of a fighter who has yet to headline their own pay-per-view event. "No fighter is going to give me an ultimatum. How can a fighter that ain't never been on pay-per-view without me give an ultimatum," Mayweather explained. "You know, tell him [Canelo] to do his own pay-per-view show if he's such a big name. Let's see if he's going to do his own pay-per-view show. I bet he don't. Man, his red-head, freckle-faced ass better just sit back and wait in line. If I feel like choosing him, I'll choose him. If you get a lottery ticket, then you step up to the plate and you get your payday. Right now, Guerrero has his lottery ticket
          Ether

Comment

"red head freckle-faced ass"

Canelo

Comment

I don't even like Floyd, but what he said is true. The fact is canelo Alvares cannot give demands to Floyd. Who is he but a golden boy hype job. Besides that, personally I'm glad Floyd is on his mind so. After April they'll be begging the networks for any date they can beat. As a comeback fight. Maybe then him & Cotto can headline dat ppv they're so thinking they're worth.

Comment

Good interview. Canelo got clowned.

Comment

" Mayweather explained. "You know, tell him [Canelo] to do his own pay-per-view show if he's such a big name. Let's see if he's going to do his own pay-per-view show. I bet he don't. Man, his red-head, freckle-faced ass better just sit back and wait in line. If I feel like choosing him, I'll choose him."
                  WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Daaaaaamnnnnn

i think Mayweather real mad that Canelo pulled out the PPV
                  Last edited by dudeiknow; 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

'I made Canelo famous' Oh my god no Floyd, just no son. You're about to fight in another overpriced mismatch, I think you should sit down.

Comment

Working...
                    X