No announcement yet.

George Foreman's Training Schedule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy
    I swear George Foreman trained liked Rocky in Rocky IV. He chopped wood, hit the heavy bag, lifted rocks, climbed up mountains...

He did a lot of that in his comeback and was really into Dino exercises.

The animal he was carrying as a cow and it was supposedly bogus and had 2 guys on the other end or it was held up by something....Those are just speculations but either way the man is an animal and superhuman.

I have no information on his training schedule back in his prime...But I do know, I never seen big George jump a rope.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
      He did a lot of that in his comeback and was really into Dino exercises.

The animal he was carrying as a cow and it was supposedly bogus and had 2 guys on the other end or it was held up by something....Those are just speculations but either way the man is an animal and superhuman.

I have no information on his training schedule back in his prime...But I do know, I never seen big George jump a rope.
      He jump roped man, I've seen pictures of him doin it back in the day..

Comment

Do you have the legendary nights documentary featuring George Foreman? I don't have points to give you for it but we could trade. If you have it, PM me back and I'll give you a list of what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
          He jump roped man, I've seen pictures of him doin it back in the day..

Cool thanks for informing me, in footage (not much) I have never seen George do that...I bet that was something since he was such a powerhouse with his punches I could never picture it and never really saw it with my own eyes, perhaps that is why it is awkward for me I guess.

Comment

in his prime, i don't think he done that much execpt power training and denting punching bags because he mainly relied on his power rather than boxing skill.
            I don't think he has hardly any boxing skill, but now he does.

Comment

Ok this has been somthing i have always wondered as well and I have gotten information from the following resources

BY GEORGE:"I never ran more than 3 miles a day in my first career but in the begining of my comeback i was doing mini - marithons of 5 or more miles",

CONTINUED...
              Last edited by toehead; 04-24-2005, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Ok this has been somthing i have always wondered as well and I have gotten information from the following resources over the years...

BY GEORGE (his auto):"I never ran more than 3 miles a day in my first career but in the begining of my comeback i was doing mini - marithons of 5 or more miles", (the cow picture WAS a stunt for people mag. but the 2 guys helping foreman hold the cow fell down and left george actually holding the animal!)

Boxing Illustrated 12/95:in the old days I never hit the heavybag less than 6 rounds a day but no more than 8

The Fight by Norman mailer: says that while watching him train in zaire foreman would brood around and shadowbox for 20 minutes or so, do about 10 minutes of calethenics, then spar for 4 rounds, heavy bag for 15 minutes,then the speed bag for a round, then finish with a short stint on the rope and leave...(this was only a week or so before the fight and i am guessing a light workout?)

FROM GEORGES OLD COLUMN IN USA WEEKEND:"when i fought Fraizer in 73 and took off my robe everyone said "how can i get a stomach like that george? and the truth is/was i never did more than 100 sit-ups a day, "I looked at a photo of myself from the second Fraizer fight and thought my chest looked great and i remembered dick sadler always had me do my push ups 3 sets of 10 one with my hands in close, one at shoulder width, and one just passed shoulder width"." I never lifted weights much as a young man"

it seems he trained very old school in his first career however Sonny Liston was always said to have been a closet weight lifter who used the old light weights high rep thing, and with only a few exercises, George trained with Sonny untill his death because they were both managed by Dick Sadler and by his own admission did everything Sonny did so you have to wonder if george did some weights back then too.
                Last edited by toehead; 04-24-2005, 11:32 PM.

Comment

If they did lift it was probably bicep urls with light weights. I don't think they did deadlifts, benchpresses, or squats which are the three lifts that most contribute to the size and strength of the modern athlete. If Liston and Foreman just did curls I wouldn't even consider it lifting really.

Comment

the workout u said dat foreman did, you said was a light workout. would that be much difference to his normal workout and if not does any1 know his training schedule like they knew about tysons. isnt in dat book with all the training schedules for champs? can sum1 please post here or message it to my email?
                    thanx

Comment

by lite i mean only 4 rounds of sparring i think his workout probably didn't differ to much maybe just by a few rounds or so and no Foreman was not featured in "Boxings greatest workouts" I think by the info i provided you can basically see what he would do in the gym and the road.

Comment

Working...
                      X