Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson returns to training in Las Vegas; back working with Eddie Mustafa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha he plays nas in his gym. I like Dawson i hope he comes back better and maybe rematches Ward. I felt so bad for him in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      He does change trainers way too much. Can't develop any continuity that way. Should have just stayed with Floyd Sr.
      Chad looked so great under Floyd Sr. The strange thing was how he fired Sr, two weeks before a scheduled fight. I know Sr can be somewhat of an ahole, but he got the best out of Chad. Most of the time boxers don't go against what works. This is why it's so important for a boxer to stay with a trainer they feel comfortable and stick with them. Andre Ward wouldn't be the boxer he is today if he switched trainers 8 times.

Do does anyone know why Chad fired Floyd Sr in the first place?

Comment

facepalm.jpeg

Comment

This will certainly go well....

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            Chad seem weak minded
            Agreed. And it was nowhere more apparent than his last fight with Ward. In the early going it was Dawson who seemed to have the advantage. He was timing Ward beautifully with his right counter hook. He was as sharp as I've ever seen him. Ward looked slightly lost until he went agro and scored that flash KD. Dawson crumbled like a house of cards from that point forward.

If he dumped Scully because of that performance I've lost all respect for Chad Dawson. John can't give him more heart.

Comment

whatever he does, he needs to avoid going back to the crackhead sr.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                whatever he does, he needs to avoid going back to the crackhead sr.
                You do know that's when he looked his best right? Nah you probably don't.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Agreed. And it was nowhere more apparent than his last fight with Ward. In the early going it was Dawson who seemed to have the advantage. He was timing Ward beautifully with his right counter hook. He was as sharp as I've ever seen him. Ward looked slightly lost until he went agro and scored that flash KD. Dawson crumbled like a house of cards from that point forward.

If he dumped Scully because of that performance I've lost all respect for Chad Dawson. John can't give him more heart.
                  Dawson looked like trash even in the first two rounds. One of the reasons why his jab was ineffective was because he was giving up his height and reach, he was trying to fight Ward's game. His feet was glued to the canvas, he was fighting flat-footed, he fell to all the southpaw traps such as slow-jabbing which made him vulnerable to Ward's right hook.

As for Scully his advise and strategy against Hopkins and Ward was poor. It's not to say that Scully is a bad trainer, but you can tell Scully lacked experience training Chad, he really needed more experience with Chad to better prepare him against the likes of Hopkins and Ward. It was a mistake by Dawson to hire Scully in the first place, he should have stuck with Steward.
                  Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-08-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                    Dawson looked like trash even in the first two rounds. One of the reasons why his jab was ineffective was because he was giving up his height and reach, he was trying to fight Ward's game. His feet was glued to the canvas, he was fighting flat-footed, he fell to all the southpaw traps such as slow-jabbing which made him vulnerable to Ward's right hook.

As for Scully his advise and strategy against Hopkins and Ward was poor. It's not to say that Scully is a bad trainer, but you can tell Scully lacked experience training Chad, he really needed more experience with Chad to better prepare against the likes of Hopkins and Ward.
                    "Trash??"

What's that?

Some lame excuse for one of your favorite fighters or are you blind?

(embedding disabled by request)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K008_rXzXwU

I defy anyone to watch the first two rounds and agree with what you've said. Dawson clearly had the upper hand and was befuddling perhaps the best fighter in the world during the moments in that fight when both guys were still feeling each other out.

Comment

Chad is a boring fighter, he has the tools and talent but this guy is so timid in the ring.

He rarely throws any punches doesn't go for the kill with his crisp combos and just poses a lot.

Scully should just train offensive fighters who are hungry to go for a knockout. Someone hook Nonito Donaire up with Scully, once Nonito goes up to 126 we all know he will have to fight Mikey Garcia and Robert Garcia is not going to train Nonito over his brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X