No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Julio Cesar Chavez went 88-0. Yes...88-0. Angelo Dundee said, "Chavez is the toughest boxer I have ever seen, bar none."

That cinches it for me. JCC is GOAT.

Anybody disagree?
    Muhammad Ali
    17.43%
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    39.45%
    Joe Louis
    6.42%
    Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
    7.34%
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    29.36%

The poll is expired.

Wasn't it 67-0? Earlier?

Da hell, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Wasn't it 67-0? Earlier?

Da hell, son.
      I was amazed to find that I was wrong, son. 88-0.

Comment

Lol, not the GOAT but better than Floyd who im not even sure why is even on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
          Lol, not the GOAT but better than Floyd who im not even sure why is even on the list.
          He's on the list because he's undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
            I was amazed to find that I was wrong, son. 88-0.
            If I had enough time, I might be able to find out the loss to win ratio in those 88 wins.....

Whoops, my car is under the knife.

I'll be back.

Comment

the real answer is Marciano anyway.

Comment

Why is there no option for Sugar Ray Austin?

Comment

Robinson beat Angott and then Servo before he was done with his FIRST year as a pro. Gave Servo his first loss in 40-plus fights. Before year two was over, he beat them both again, Zivic twice (once by stop) AND LaMotta. Servo is the only one not in the Hall.

First 24 months in the game. Then there was like another close to two decades of ill.

I just wanted to bask in the awesome a moment and have a chuckle about all the Roy/Floyd/Pac/soon Broner GOAT B.S. we all sift through.
                  Last edited by crold1; 12-29-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Robinson beat Angott and then Servo before he was done with his FIRST year as a pro. Gave Servo his first loss in 40-plus fights. Before year two was over, he beat them both again, Zivic twice (once by stop) AND LaMotta. Servo is the only one not in the Hall.

First 24 months in the game. Then there was like another close to two decades of ill.

I just wanted to bask in the awesome a moment and have a chuckle about all the Roy/Floyd/Pac/soon Broner GOAT B.S. we all sift through.
                    Nice post crold. But, Robinson did not go 88-0 before his first loss. THAT is incredible. And, Dundee knew Robinson, trained Ali, and his opinion cannot be ignored. I'm going with Chavez. I think prime Chavez beats prime Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                    X