No announcement yet.

Was Ricardo Lopez the PERFECT Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Geez good thing boxingscene didnt exist during the Finito's era, cant imagine myself being a member in a forum where Lopez and Floyd fans debate on who fought weaker competition.

Wonder what Calslappy fans think of this.
    yeah to be honest most their comp was puerto ricans

Comment

He was very very close. He was sooo good, he makes the great JMM look sloppy.

Comment

Who would you say was more technical then ricardo lopez?

Comment

But was he ever really tested?

Comment

Yeeees! Oh so perfect! If perfect was personified, Lopez would be IT... Perfect...

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
              Who would you say was more technical then ricardo lopez?

as technical not sure anyone could match lopez on that one.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fire and Fear View Post
                But was he ever really tested?
                I have thought about this too!

Personaly speaking I value boxers by there martial arts/technique in boxing then a winning record(wich lopez had)

To me, I dont care for ricardos record but by by thesevalues I care which goes for other boxers:

1.His skills/abilities as well as style and the courage to commit to strong punches by putting himself out there

2. Second would be, the mastery that he has over his body which is stamina,flexibility,power,speed and etc...

3.Practicality, what I mean is that, a boxing style isnt there to hide behind rules and points, basicly its something you can use in a street fight just as well.

Comment

I wonder why more fighters wont try to emulate him, seeing how guys like broner like to copy mayweather who has a specialized boxing style!

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
                    Every time I watch his fights, he doesnt show any weakness or any sloppiness.

His hands are high, his footwork is mobile and yet well-balanced and ready for a counter punch, his left hook is nasty, his straight punches are pin point accurate...

To me he looks perfect but then again I dont have the best standard as to what is the best boxing or not.
                    Amazing fighter to watch.

But he was never putting punch-perfect combos on ATGs.

He never put hands on say, Barrera and Pacquiao looking just as great.

I give Lopez second place, maybe if his competition was better he could wrestle JMM from first. Otherwise I consider JMM the more proven perfection, if you will.

Comment

lopez made jmm

Comment

Working...
                      X