Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all Serious betters out there: Is Marg worth dropping a grand on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Serious betters out there: Is Marg worth dropping a grand on?

Any betters out there dropping money on marg by stoppage? The odds seem good and lots of oddsmakers are writing margarito off. This will be a close fight and I got a feeling marg stops cotto again. Marg has the mental edge and I got a feeling cotto gets stopped in late rounds.

Cotto is not nearly fast as paquiao and at the weight, the fight is favoring marg. what do you guys think?

With the spread the way it is right now, I would say yes.

Comment

Don't do it....

Comment

drop the gran on a MD.

i dont see any KOs happening here.

Comment

No. The eye is a factor now. Do you know the condition of his eye?

Comment

If you like losing money than yes. Did you see Margarito's eye? He looks like Sloth from The Goonies. Except Sloth from The Goonies has more power probably while Margarito is a boxer who breaks his opponents down, but its going to be hard to break down Cotto when Cotto makes Margarito a one eyed boxer.

Comment

Probably the dumbest bet of the year considering the state of his eye and the fact they'll stop the fight as soon as it starts swelling.
              Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 12-07-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                drop the gran on a MD.

i dont see any KOs happening here.
                agree 100% MY GOOD MAN, KING MEAT!

I was going to stay away from this fight with gambling. . . But if there is good odds on the under/over to go the distance i might drop a hundred or so.

Comment

Absolutely not.

One of my rules of thumb; NEVER bet on a fighter that you are unaware of how much he has left.

That applies a lot more when you're betting big.

Fact - None of us, maybe not even Margarito himself, know how much he has left.

For all we know, Margarito might come out in round one and be shot to pieces. We simply don't know his condition. And that's a fact.

So my advice to you is do not bet big on him.

I mean, by all means but 50 on it for abit of fun and get a decent comeback because I personally don't at all rule out that outcome.

But no I wouldn't bet anything big on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post

Cotto is not nearly fast as paquiao and at the weight, the fight is favoring marg. what do you guys think?
                    Cotto is not as slow either as you think he is, he looked almost as fast as Pacquiao in the early rounds against Pacquiao. I think Cotto's speed is deceptive. Watch the first couple of rounds of Pacquiao/Cotto and tell me Cotto is matching Pacquiao with speed? But then again that may have tired Cotto out if he was putting all his energy into being as fast as Pacquiao for the first couple of rounds, who knows...

But I didn't think that was what made Cotto tired, I thought Pacquiao landed a brutal shot that landed perfectly on Cotto which made Cotto kind of go on a retreating type fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X