No announcement yet.

Man, i miss old school boxers mentallity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
    But who was Dawson back then? He was the same unknown fighter like today Tavoris Cloud is. Hopkins waited for Dawson to get more recognition, and now Dawson really is a more known fighter after the Pascal fight. Now he deserves to be decapited by the Executioner.
    who is pirog now???dawson was THE lightheavyweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Old School Mentality = the FANS picked your next opponent

New School Mentality = the PROMOTERS pick your next opponent
      I got no forgiveness for Johnson ducking Langford as champion, but he fought every worthy fighter who would fight him on the way up.

Comment

Fighters have always been avoided throughout time, and politics and money/greed have always prevented fights from happening.

It's just worse now, since most of the top fighters fight so infrequently. Back in the days, the top fighters (excluding the HW champs pre-Louis) usually fought very often.

I also think HBO enables the bull**** that some of the fighters (and promoters) do.

Comment

Old school. If only there were more fighters still like this. Duran; born to fight and that's damn well what he did. Toney was the same. Anyone, anytime, any weight.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
            Fighters have always been avoided throughout time, and politics and money/greed have always prevented fights from happening.

It's just worse now, since most of the top fighters fight so infrequently. Back in the days, the top fighters (excluding the HW champs pre-Louis) usually fought very often.

I also think HBO enables the bull**** that some of the fighters (and promoters) do.
            A nice shiny and meaningless undeafeated record will always be more impressive to the uneducated masses than 5 or 6 losses against the best in the division. True fans know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              who is pirog now???dawson was THE lightheavyweight champion
              A middleweight champion trying to become the middleweight champion. DiBella is a typical modern promoter. He'll sit on guys like Macklin, Sturm, Lee, etc while completely avoiding the top fights like Pirog. He could lose. DiBella would lose his money train. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                Here is my point, Dawson was fighting Hopkins leftover while calling Hopkins, and Hopkins beat the guy who Dawson looked foolish against. And now Hopkins will give the beating Dawson was asking for 2 years. Thats maybe not old school, but it is the most close you can get it nowadays.
                So hopkins ducked dawson for 2 years (for whatever reason). Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
                  .................................................. ..............

Joshua Clottey... Miguel Cotto after he got smashed up... Mosley after he got shut out my Mayweather. Margarito who got destroyed by Mosley.... a washed up Marquez...

hmmmmm... I guess Pacquiao really does fight the best of the best
                  If only Mayweather steps up, Pacquiao woud never fight Margarito and Mosley, but I really hate Arum for making Pac vs washup Mosley, and now he is fighting Marquez, who even gets older.

Comment

Working...
                  X