Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version was better? Golovkin that fought Brook or the one that fought Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version was better? Golovkin that fought Brook or the one that fought Jacobs?

Golovkin seemed lighter against Brook. His body had less muscle. To my eye he was like 169 pounds or something like that that night.

Against Jacobs he was more muscular, probably around 171?

I think against Canelo he will weigh around 172 or 173.

Do you think this is a good move? I think Canelo will be around 178-180, and they don't want to be bullied.

But speed is important as well. Will he be slower? what do you think?

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Golovkin seemed lighter against Brook. His body had less muscle. To my eye he was like 169 pounds or something like that that night.

Against Jacobs he was more muscular, probably around 171?

I think against Canelo he will weigh around 172 or 173.

Do you think this is a good move? I think Canelo will be around 178-180, and they don't want to be bullied.

But speed is important as well. Will he be slower? what do you think?
    The Golovkin for Jacobs, Jacobs is a threat to anyone on any given night. You slack off on Jacobs and you'll get Quillin'd fast.

Comment

I don't know. I think Golovkin will be ready on 9/16. I think he'll be far more aggressive like he was against Kell than he was against Jacobs.

1) I don't think he'll have the same concern about Canelo's power that he had with Jacobs.
      2) I think he understand he'll need to be decisive in this fight.
      3) I think you'll see a Golovkin who is far more assertive than he was with Jacobs but not as reckless as he was with Canelo unless he has absolutely no fear of Canelo's power after getting a taste.

Comment

Golovkin is in decline but he still stops Canelo.

Comment

The one that fought jacobs

Comment

P4P Brook is a better fighter than Jacobs. Which is why Golovkin looked worse. He come up against a more skilled but ultimately smaller fighter. He was never going to outbox Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              P4P Brook is a better fighter than Jacobs. Which is why Golovkin looked worse. He come up against a more skilled but ultimately smaller fighter. He was never going to outbox Brook.
              no, brook was smaller so he was quicker so it was harder to catch him therefore it makes ggg looks average. ever try catching a rattttt!

Comment

I think the GGG who fought Jacobs was much better. He had no trouble stopping Brook but he was careless and sloppy doing it and got hit too much. It was the worst GGG I've seen but still a hell of a fighter. Jacobs is ten times better than Brook and GGG had to fight better against Jacobs than he fought against Brook. GGG fought better and won a close but deserved win over Jacobs.

Comment

"Version"? These fights were less than a year apart. He was the same fighter.
                  Another classic Maxi thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    "Version"? These fights were less than a year apart. He was the same fighter.
                    Another classic Maxi thread.
                    Yet many people made a choise.

Comment

Working...
                    X