No announcement yet.

Groundhog Day, the Sequel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog Day, the Sequel

I Googled "Groundhog Day sequel" to see if anything was in the works. There were some articles about it from last year but nothing serious.

I keep thinking about a Groundhog Day 2; but a more dark version, where the Bill Murray character wakes up to the same day, every day. Except this time instead of Murray being a soft, whiny character who does stuff like taking out his co-worker on a date to try to impress her - he should be a more sick, sadistic, misanthropic character.

Think about Murray's character raping a different chick every day, murdering people. Go on a shooting rampage without any consequences, only to wake up and restart with a clean slate. One can get creative with this whole Groundhog Day concept of waking up to the same day at 6am, for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by cupocity303; 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM. Reason: needed title change

Clearly if there was a remake or better yet a sequel, it shouldn't be a remake ad verbatim of the old one. It can't just be a weatherman all over again, doing the same things he did in the original.

It's either an older Bill Murray, now more hateful and fed up with the world, going on a raping and murdering rampage after being stuck in the 'Groundhog Day' again. Or a brand new character who isn't a weatherman.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Clearly if there was a remake or better yet a sequel, it shouldn't be a remake ad verbatim of the old one. It can't just be a weatherman all over again, doing the same things he did in the original.

It's either an older Bill Murray, now more hateful and fed up with the world, going on a raping and murdering rampage after being stuck in the 'Groundhog Day' again. Or a brand new character who isn't a weatherman.

groundhog day is an a atg

Comment

He still did other **** in the movie like killing himself and robbing a bank truck, ripping the alternator out his camermans van! Running from the cops, etc etc

Comment

If they did a sequel it would have to be someone besides Murry.

Comment

They should just repackage the the first movie as Groundhogs day 2.

Comment

My life is Groundhog day 2

Comment

Originally posted by the larry View Post
                my life is groundhog day 2

hholy shit hes alive

Comment

He was already a scumbag in the first one. You're suggesting he should be even worse for the sequel?

No objection from me.

Comment

Nice idea, but the 1st was too good.

Im sure Hollywood's bankrupt creative minds will eventually make a remake or crappy sequel. I doubt they will leave any classic film un-remade.

Comment

Working...
                    X