Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hearns have the best Jab of all time p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    The best overall is Ali because he utilized the punch for a variety of reasons. He used it to set up punches, it was his depth finder he also gauged his opponents reactions off of it and then knew how to counter their counter to it. If he wanted to he could step straight in and pronate at its end and hurt and cut with it. Ali could hook off his jab but his opponents knew well enough not to let that happen because the right hand was coming and that punch is the one they didn't see!
    Power wise George Forman was devasting! His jab hurt people simple as that. I worked pads with some pretty hard punching fighters like Ernie Shavers and Mike Tyson and thos punches were hard to catagorize as "jabs"! hahaha!!! Those fellows could hurt you bad if you just stood there!!!
    Strangely enough Ken Norton jabs was very good it came from under when he cross armed defended and would cut it loose from there. He had good reach and his punches hurt also.
    Joe Louis had a great jab and like Ali used it for a variety of reasons, mostly a reach gauge for that right cross.
    The jab is an important punch but when ineffective can get you in alot of trouble, quick! Ray.

You've held the pads for Shavers and Tyson? Thats superb!!!!

Comment

I think it's impossible to pick just one. At least for me it is.

Comment

Bob Foster's jab would be up there.

Comment

Don't laugh... what do you guys think of Camacho's jab?

Comment

sonny liston

hon mention to muhammad ali

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
              I think it's impossible to pick just one. At least for me it is.

This reminds me of how the late 70s-early 80s. Top tier ATG in pretty much any division.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                sonny liston

hon mention to muhammad ali
                massive cosig to Liston. seems you are the first to mention him.

Comment

Hearns, Hopkins, Holmes and Louis had the best jabs I'd ever seen... Even Buster Douglas had an awesome jabbing ability on his best days.
                  Last edited by Mintcar923; 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Mike McCallum and Winky Wright deserves a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                      Hearns, Hopkins, Holmes and Louis had the best jabs I'd ever seen... Even Buster Douglas had an awesome jabbing ability on his best days.
                      That's a good list. I goog think of a few to add but it's a good start!
                      Last edited by TBear; 03-30-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X