No announcement yet.

Turning 30 Years of Age, A Wake Up Call For Many People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    You bull**** through all of your 20's thinking you are going to be rich before you are 30 and then 30 hits and you are still living at home with your parents working a menial job driving a 2001 honda civic with an augmented exhaust that screams I'm broke whenever you pass even a meager establishment.

They say 30 is a turning point for many people since the age is such a milestone in terms of where a person expects to be in life. A lot of people do drastic things at the turn of their third decade, like get married, buy a house, finally invest in that business they have been threatening of doing for the past 5 years, etc...

Did you guys experience similar feelings when the big 3-0 was around the corner? Or did you continue on with what you were doing when you still had a 2 in front of your age?
    Absolutely! 29.5 -31 was a very tough 18 months for me. I had a solid career but I was a whiskey drinking, dope smoking coke head who pissed everything I made away in my 20s. I hung out with the wrong crowd & never accomplished anything. I blew all my investments & lucky I didn't have access to my work pension. At 29 closing in on 30 I started comparing my life to my peers at work, people I grew up with & former classmates in high school. They were all married, owned businesses, had kids & a house, etc, etc. It was a big time reality check so I decided to stop hanging around people who had a negative influence on my life. I had to eliminate all of them from my life. My phone never rang for a long time because every single person I hung out with after highschool was either a f**K up or a criminal. I'd run into some of the old school peers from time to time & they would all be when you getting married? When you having kids? Etc, etc. It made me depressed so I changed my life & started to travel & go to concerts. I have never looked back & my 30s were the best years of my life. My 40s have been good so far too. The funny thing is so many of those people asking me when i was getting married & the people I was comparing myself to at 30 were mostly divorced or fell on hard times & they would all tell me the next time they saw me that they wished they did what I was doing now. 40 was an easy birthday & it was the best birthday of my life. Not many people get to experience a 40th birthday like mine...hahaha. Don't be too hard on yourself at 30 would be my advise & stay away from the hard drugs. Travel & don't waste your money at the bar. Save some money & get some travelling in. I can't even begin to explain how fast life has gone by since i turned 30. I always had a plan on the go. I finish one vacation I was already setting up my budget plan for the next vacation. Before you know it a year has gone by. I worked hard & saved for the vacation. Then you go on the vacation & do it all over again. BAM! there goes a year...
    Last edited by joe strong; 12-04-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      You must be out of your mind. You dont have the charisma, wit, charm, testosterone count, personal hygiene, physical conditioning, intelligence, penile length and girth, machismo, non-receding hairline or IQ to ever be in the same league Lou Cipher.
      Lmao, you a funmy muda****a

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        Lmao, you a funmy muda****a
        YOU'RE ordering ME out? You'd better get your own ****ing army pal.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Absolutely! 29.5 -31 was a very tough 18 months for me. I had a solid career but I was a whiskey drinking, dope smoking coke head who pissed everything I made away in my 20s. I hung out with the wrong crowd & never accomplished anything. I blew all my investments & lucky I didn't have access to my work pension. At 29 closing in on 30 I started comparing my life to my peers at work, people I grew up with & former classmates in high school. They were all married, owned businesses, had kids & a house, etc, etc. It was a big time reality check so I decided to stop hanging around people who had a negative influence on my life. I had to eliminate all of them from my life. My phone never rang for a long time because every single person I hung out with after highschool was either a f**K up or a criminal. I'd run into some of the old school peers from time to time & they would all be when you getting married? When you having kids? Etc, etc. It made me depressed so I changed my life & started to travel & go to concerts. I have never looked back & my 30s were the best years of my life. My 40s have been good so far too. The funny thing is so many of those people asking me when i was getting married & the people I was comparing myself to at 30 were mostly divorced or fell on hard times & they would all tell me the next time they saw me that they wished they did what I was doing now. 40 was an easy birthday & it was the best birthday of my life. Not many people get to experience a 40th birthday like mine...hahaha. Don't be too hard on yourself at 30 would be my advise & stay away from the hard drugs. Travel & don't waste your money at the bar. Save some money & get some travelling in. I can't even begin to explain how fast life has gone by since i turned 30. I always had a plan on the go. I finish one vacation I was already setting up my budget plan for the next vacation. Before you know it a year has gone by. I worked hard & saved for the vacation. Then you go on the vacation & do it all over again. BAM! there goes a year...
          You're still not married?

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            YOU'RE ordering ME out? You'd better get your own ****ing army pal.
            Go home and get your ****ing shine box

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
              Go home and get your ****ing shine box
              From my recollection aren't you the card shark? The golf hustler? The pimp from Beverly Hills?

Be a man dont be a fuckin pimp.

Comment

The reality and expectations of Western society.

Heck I got 5 more years and the number "30" scares the hell out of me already.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  You're still not married?
                  Never getting married nor am I having kids. I just work & travel. I spend 6-8 weeks a year in Cuba. I go to a lot of concerts when I'm not working. I been going to Cuba for almost 10 years. I'm debt free now with no balance on my credit card. I just work & plan for my next holiday but now that I have no debt I can start saving to spend the winters in a hot climate somewhere.

Comment

I'm 30 and love this age. I'm still in the best physical shape I've ever been in, and I've seen great progress in my main areas of interest in life, which are pretty much science and engineering. My hair is starting to thin a little bit is my only complaint!

Comment

Thread of old f-cks.

Comment

Working...
                      X