No announcement yet.

Excel is a pretty underrated tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Excel is a pretty underrated tool

I've created a diet plan, for what I eat daily. When I've eaten something I mark the cell next to the food red.

I've also created a nice looking timetable for daily tasks, the only problem is sticking to it!

I'm not actually using Microsoft Excel, just the Google Docs spreadsheet version, they're pretty similar anyway.

only thing I excel at is fertilizing yo momma's eggs

ole b*tch ass MF

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      only thing I excel at is fertilizing yo momma's eggs

ole b*tch ass MF

My rooster makes a lot of white guys insecure, as it's bigger than a lot of them.

Comment

Excel is underrated.

Vlookups pivot tables etc and formulas.

There is some demand for people who are good at data extraction and data manipulation and using excel as one of the tools listed for analysts

Not a bad skill

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          My rooster makes a lot of white guys insecure, as it's bigger than a lot of them.
          I am guessing you are of far east origins and your comment above is even farther from the truth

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
            Excel is underrated.

Vlookups pivot tables etc and formulas.

There is some demand for people who are good at data extraction and data manipulation and using excel as one of the tools listed for analysts

Not a bad skill
            The next step up is using VBA to make Excel do some really cool stuff.

I used to knock up some VBA scripts occasionally to make life much easier. Then the CIO made a decree that there would be no macros of any sort unless they had been verified first.

I stopped playing with it at that point, but it was really cool the things it could do.

Comment

Dude, many engineering, accounting, math related programs are done in excel. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                The next step up is using VBA to make Excel do some really cool stuff.

I used to knock up some VBA scripts occasionally to make life much easier. Then the CIO made a decree that there would be no macros of any sort unless they had been verified first.

I stopped playing with it at that point, but it was really cool the things it could do.

Probably due to VBA viruses and evil macros.

You could do all sorts of nasty stuff with VBA scripting.

U ever used Powershell

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                  Probably due to VBA viruses and evil macros.

You could do all sorts of nasty stuff with VBA scripting.

U ever used Powershell
                  Nah, never used it.

I agree that VBA can leave vulnerabilities, still it was frustrating to see stuff I had worked on go from useful to useless at the flick of a switch.

I've moved on from that work anyway, now I am playing with proper database tools. Lots of SQL and starting to do SAS programming too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    Nah, never used it.

I agree that VBA can leave vulnerabilities, still it was frustrating to see stuff I had worked on go from useful to useless at the flick of a switch.

I've moved on from that work anyway, now I am playing with proper database tools. Lots of SQL and starting to do SAS programming too.
                    I assume ur doing the SAS for data analysis then

MSSQL or MYSQL?

Both have very simmilar syntax although there are some stark differences in them both that set them quite clear.

VBA was most likely disabled because you would be able to write a macro to steal credentials from the registry or trick users into clicking something they presume is doing something but instead is doing something it shouldnt be

Comment

Working...
                    X