No announcement yet.

Protein?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein?

Does any1 know if the protien bars are good or the shakes?... I was noticing that the bars had more protein in them (28gm) and the shakes had a little less... Ethier way should i take protein before or after a work out? How much?

Originally posted by jdubb863 View Post
    Does any1 know if the protien bars are good or the shakes?... I was noticing that the bars had more protein in them (28gm) and the shakes had a little less... Ethier way should i take protein before or after a work out? How much?
    i usually take a shake and double the dosage to about 45 grams or so. Take after a workout ALWAYS as this is the time your muscles most need it for repair...

I recommend

BSN

syntha-6 chocolate

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=107673492

ps: you can find it for less..

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
      i usually take a shake and double the dosage to about 45 grams or so. Take after a workout ALWAYS as this is the time your muscles most need it for repair...

I recommend

BSN

syntha-6 chocolate

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=107673492

ps: you can find it for less..
      Thanks ill try that out..

Comment

If it's whey protein then it's a complete protein and doesn't matter if it's in a bar or in a shake. Look at the sugar between the two though, a lot of bars are loaded with sugar, some shakes too. You don't need as much protein as a lot of people take, around .5-.75g per lb you weigh is sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Count Patron View Post
          If it's whey protein then it's a complete protein and doesn't matter if it's in a bar or in a shake. Look at the sugar between the two though, a lot of bars are loaded with sugar, some shakes too. You don't need as much protein as a lot of people take, around .5-.75g per lb you weigh is sufficient.
          Well do you know where i can get Whey protien?... Or some thing that has whey protien in it?

Comment

This is my spin on an old-school bodybuilder's breakfast -- it's probably been around in some form or another since the days of Jack Lalanne.

They used to use raw eggs and yogurt before the days of whey protein, and hardcore bodybuilders and strength athletes in the 60's and 70's would make shakes from milk, brewer's yeast, oats, and raw calf's liver. Thank God we live in a more enlightened era.

Here's a cheap, filling -- and quick -- protein shake.

1 cup quick oats (use instant oats, trust me on this)
            2 or 3 scoops whey protein
            2 cups nonfat milk, or apple juice
            1/2 cup berries or frozen berries

Put it all in a blender, whip till frothy.

Chug half of it for breakfast. Put the other half in the fridge and blend it again and chug it after your workout. With a lid on the blender, it'll keep for a few days in the fridge. ~800 calories, 80g protein, 4g fat in the whole thing (2 servings.)

Instead of berries, you can use a banana, or a tablespoon of peanut butter, or a few tablespoons of Ovaltine, or whatever trips your trigger. Something to give it flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by jdubb863 View Post
              Well do you know where i can get Whey protien?... Or some thing that has whey protien in it?
              You can buy it as a powder online or in stores. There are two main ones that are sold: Whey and Soy. As long as you are not lactose intolerant get it. It will say it is whey on the label.

Comment

i would go with the shake. I used to eat those protein bars alll the time and it had me ****ting bricks. some of the worst constimpation of my life, lol.

Comment

The best tasting whey is Designer Whey. www.designerwhey.com . The French Vanilla is awesome, all natural. No sucralose, no aspartame, no sugar.

There is sucralose in the chocolate flavor, BTW.
                  Last edited by fraidycat; 02-12-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

REalistically, whey is whey. Its great to use as a SUPPLEMENTATION to your already full and healthy diet riiiiight?

Isopure is great beacuse it has very low carbs and calories for practically no weight/size gain so you stay lean and recovered.

Comment

Working...
                    X