Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner attempts to bench press 235 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is that much then it's not bad. Hell, many think being able to bench your weight or a bit more is considered good. Don't see why the hate. An average fit person at about 150-160 probably cant lift that either. Now i you can, props. I know I cant... Or more like Id never try it alone... Lol

Comment

I'm a Broner fan.

I hope he can become what Floyd couldn't.

An ATG who takes on the best and doesn't retire when the competition gets rough.

Comment

235 for someone his siZe, especially who boxes is beast mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
          You dont know what you're talking about. You lose muscle when you do cardio, hence why body builders only do about an hour a week. Also he wants to be fast so he wouldnt want to stack his body full of muscle. You dont see many fighters period (boxing or mma) that are soild muscle thats not what they train for.
          This is a myth, you do not lose muscle mass from doing cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            This is a myth, you do not lose muscle mass from doing cardio.
            A myth is turning fat to muscle. For every pound you lose 60% is muscle. You lose weight doing cardio. Thats a fact.

Comment

LOL at the majority of people hating on Broner. This isn't a body building or strong man competition. All the people here critiquing Broner's strength and technique of bench pressing are just weight lifting meat heads who are fans of boxing because they sucked horribly when they attempted to train boxing.

Give the man his respect. He has functional strength that actually matters when it counts. He is strong... Period!

Comment

I think people are suprised that he couldn't push that weight because he appears to be a strong guy for his weightclass in the ring. 235 1RM is below average.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
                  A myth is turning fat to muscle. For every pound you lose 60% is muscle. You lose weight doing cardio. Thats a fact.
                  What???????? losing 20 lbs means losing 12 lbs of muscles?????

Comment

That's pretty good for a guy his weight (140-150). It doesn't do too much for boxing though besides working the shoulders a little. Shoulder presses and pushups are better I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                      What???????? losing 20 lbs means losing 12 lbs of muscles?????
                      Indeed. These myths are truly fantastic.

You don't lose weight doing cardio either, you burn calories....unless it takes you to a caloric deficit, you are not losing weight. If I'm at a caloric surplus of say, 500, and burn 300 calories doing cardio, I'm still gaining weight even while doing cardio.

Really don't know where people get some of this ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X