Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stand your ground law - Valid or Not????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Stand your ground law - Valid or Not????

Houston trial focuses on stand your ground law, and we have video of the killing in question.

Is this going tooooo far???

Of course not.

He came there looking to kill and thought that if he bought a camera and muttered "im standing my ground" a few times that it would make him innocent in court.

I remember watching 20/20 on this. He had a million problems before hand, even killing neighbors dogs i think

Comment

if a shady little dude was lurking around my neighbourhood with some skittles, after 9 pm i'd be forced to blast that fool.

see what i did there?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Of course not.

He came there looking to kill and thought that if he bought a camera and muttered "im standing my ground" a few times that it would make him innocent in court.

I remember watching 20/20 on this. He had a million problems before hand, even killing neighbors dogs i think

100%

this guy set out to shoot his gun at somebody.

they're making an excessive amount of noise and you show up with a gun?
        shoot the f#cker.

people like these idiots are what's wrong with the gun law. this f#ck clearly wanted to use his gun on his neighbors. they got to him before he could do it.

power to the guys who killed him. i'd probably do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          That guy was an idiot for physically threatening an old retired man and continuing toward him, despite knowing the old guy had a gun and had said "I'm going to have to defend myself".
          the guy showed up at his house with a gun because he was making noise...

that's what started all of this.

when your neighbor is making noise you call the police. you don't accost him with a gun. the threat was initiated by the cameraman. the situation was escalated when he threatens to shoot them. it doesn't matter if he's calling it "defending himself." that's not what he's doing. if he's defending himself exlusively he'd stay at home, not show up at another's house with a gun when they're not putting him in any danger

they weren't putting him in danger until he showed up with the gun. they were making noise.

Comment

just a lil FYI: Zimmerman's defense will probably not use stand your ground self-defense. THey are going to argue simple common-law self-defense. Which is what I was trying to tell people from the beginning.

Where I laid out all the elements, and applied the facts of the case (the ones not in dispute) to the law to show how he was indeed covered by the law.

Stand your ground is a good concept, I believe. You should not have to try to retreat if somebody is attacking you. . That could result in you getting ****ed up even worse. . . But the law is often written vaguely, and in turn, can be used to cover certain instances that are not itended to be protected.

Still need to know more about this case, but it sounds like this should not be covered by stand your ground, nor common law self-defense. But I can't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              100%

this guy set out to shoot his gun at somebody.

they're making an excessive amount of noise and you show up with a gun?
              shoot the f#cker.

people like these idiots are what's wrong with the gun law. this f#ck clearly wanted to use his gun on his neighbors. they got to him before he could do it.

power to the guys who killed him. i'd probably do the same thing.
              Some clarification for you homie .....

He's the one who killed his neighbor and is now on trial for Murder, but he's claiming that he was standing his ground.

And I agree with you -- He clearly was looking for a way to kill his neighbor, and thought, "Stand your ground" what a great law!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                just a lil FYI: Zimmerman's defense will probably not use stand your ground self-defense. THey are going to argue simple common-law self-defense. Which is what I was trying to tell people from the beginning.

Where I laid out all the elements, and applied the facts of the case (the ones not in dispute) to the law to show how he was indeed covered by the law.

Stand your ground is a good concept, I believe. You should not have to try to retreat if somebody is attacking you. . That could result in you getting ****ed up even worse. . . But the law is often written vaguely, and in turn, can be used to cover certain instances that are not itended to be protected.

Still need to know more about this case, but it sounds like this should not be covered by stand your ground, nor common law self-defense. But I can't say for sure.
                I believe it is a good concept as well, just a little vague and this is what's causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  Some clarification for you homie .....

He's the one who killed his neighbor and is now on trial for Murder, but he's claiming that he was standing his ground.

And I agree with you -- He clearly was looking for a way to kill his neighbor, and thought, "Stand your ground" what a great law!!!!

ahh. i guess i couldnt tell that from the video.

what state is he in again?
                  states that house idiots like this guy usually have the death penalty.

Comment

The fearing for his life excuse won't stand up, he had the opportunity to leave but just stood there. He was the one that went out to provoke the conflict. He says to the dispatcher that the man went inside to get a gun while the man is still in camera shot not going anywhere.

He went to his neighbours to cause a confrontation so he could shoot him.

Comment

Working...
                    X