Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Anthony Joshua appearances cancelled on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just appearances. Though Skipper is in a win win situation. ESPN Spanish may not have Canelo appear? That would be very interesting. ESPN Spanish covers boxing for Mexican boxing fans. How long could ESPN hold out?

I think this has to do with Joshua vs Fury more than anything else. These networks aren’t ready nor do they want that narrative just yet.

Comment

they are selling pay per view now. duh

espn used to have friday night fights, and a big fight once in a blue moon. now they ahve regular boxing telecasts with the equivalent of an old HBO card, and they are even trying to promote pay per view. of course they're not going to give free publcity to DAzn and joshua.

ESPN hasn't been an honest news source since i went to high school. remember when they stopped covering hockey and literally tried making it into a joke? made them look silly once it became illegal to hit a quarterback in the sanctified sport of football they love so much

Comment

It's bad enough you have promoter divides in boxing. Now 24Hr News stations like ESPN will refuse to cover and report huge fights? First ESPN phuks up Fury/Wilder II and Andrade/Saunders for fans and now tries to freeze out Joshua? Meanwhile they try to over report on literally trash fights no one cares about like Crawford and Khan who did all the media rounds on ESPN shows when they signed. But Joshua a bigger star and bigger fight they back out and ban him from appearing on those same shows?

Just wait Lomachenko will be allowed on these shows and reported on like his bum fight with Crolla is important. Meanwhile I promise you they will give no love to Spence/Garcia who are fighting in a few weeks. Boxing is really stepping up and now with got ESPN only covering 1 side of the street while all these huge fights going down. There is a huge conflict of interest going on since Top Rank signed with ESPN. Hell they are already have hands down the worst and most bias announcing crew in boxing. The way they tried to pretend that Rob Brant is a elite middleweight his last fight was disgusting. This man is ONLY ranked #9 best Middleweight on ESPN's own 160 rankings and insignificant in the landscape of Middleweight. But you would of never known that if you watched their broadcast.

Killing fights not reporting on big fights and bigger name fighters.... wait to go ESPN.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 02-22-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Surely this Arum telling the ESPN higher up's to cancel the interview? Everyone at ESPN must have known that Joshua was going to be on ESPN and it seems too much of a coincidence that Bob was on the day BEFORE Joshua was due to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
            Surely this Arum telling the ESPN higher up's to cancel the interview? Everyone at ESPN must have known that Joshua was going to be on ESPN and it seems too much of a coincidence that Bob was on the day BEFORE Joshua was due to appear.
            This sounds more logical.

Comment

Of course this is Bob Arum. Just look how ESPN covered the sport of boxing BEFORE getting into to business with Bob Arum. The producers of these ESPN shows clearly wanted Joshua and booked him. Then a higher up got wind of it or was influenced by Bob Arum and they were canceled the same week they sign Fury. Also look at PBC on FOX. Before that UFC was on FOX not ESPN but Dana White and UFC fighters had no problem getting promoted and appearing on ESPN. Now that Boxing in on FOX they barely cover those fights but will have a million reports for bum Rob Brant against a nobody, and no matter how bad the opponent Crawford or Lomachenko is fighting you will get nothing but reporting on their fights and those guys will be forced to appear on all the ESPN shows.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Of course this is Bob Arum. Just look how ESPN covered the sport of boxing BEFORE getting into to business with Bob Arum. The producers of these ESPN shows clearly wanted Joshua and booked him. Then a higher up got wind of it or was influenced by Bob Arum and they were canceled the same week they sign Fury. Also look at PBC on FOX. Before that UFC was on FOX not ESPN but Dana White and UFC fighters had no problem getting promoted and appearing on ESPN. Now that Boxing in on FOX they barely cover those fights but will have a million reports for bum Rob Brant against a nobody, and no matter how bad the opponent Crawford or Lomachenko is fighting you will get nothing but reporting on their fights and those guys will be forced to appear on all the ESPN shows.
                They cancelled the day before, Kellerman even stated on the show that Joshua was going to be on tomorrow!

Comment

This is less about ESPN putting on rival boxing cards and more about DAZN as a sports network being a direct competitor to ESPN. They have the purse string to potentially start peeling away content and then subscribers from ESPN..... high ups at ESPN taking this seriously I suppose.

Comment

Then F#CK ESPN then is how I feel I don't go to ESPN for Boxing Coverage Anyway. Boxing Scene, Michael Coppinger and the guys who cover boxing on youtube is how I get my boxing news so F#CK ESPN! I don't give a damn if you don't like AJ and is a Wilder fan, because guess what it is going to happen to Wilder and other fighters who are not signed with ESPN next as well.

The Politics in boxing only HURT the Sport it is not helping it at all. Well played Frank Warren who probably made some Phone Calls and got all of that shut down just to mess with Eddie Hearn

Comment

They cancelled the day before, Kellerman even stated on the show that Joshua was going to be on tomorrow!
                      If Kellerman mentioned that then it’s not a good look for ESPN and looks amateurish and unprofessional. I don’t see what’s wrong with giving fighters on other networks shine as its for the good of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X