No announcement yet.

Joshua’s team doesn’t pay fair market value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Talking about the very public twitter campaign Martin went on to get Joshua in the ring.
    LOL. I dont remember that. Im not even sure what your trying to get at. Are you saying martin had to call AJ out to get a fight? You saying Joshua was ducking?

Comment

Because Joshua is the bigger draw, which makes the fight bigger, which means both sides should be compensated more.

Multiple media outlets are reporting Ortiz will make more than he was offered to fight Joshua.

If Ortiz is getting $7 million to fight Wilder, Joshua didn’t offer fair market value.

I hate Joshua fans because they ignore all logic to defend their guy because they love him. My argument is logical, so of course it’s a problem for Joshua fans.

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Why should he? And im not believing he is making more than Joshua offered him and if he is then it is way above market value. Just cuz Fox or uncle Al found some extra money to better DAZN, not that i believe it, that doesnt make either theirs nor the Joshua offer market value.

But i think you already know your argument here is BS. Your just hating cuz you hate joshua fans or something

Comment

Does any marquee fighter pay what's "fair"? Genuine question.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
          LOL. I dont remember that. Im not even sure what your trying to get at. Are you saying martin had to call AJ out to get a fight? You saying Joshua was ducking?
          I called it accusations because that's all they are.

I'm getting at Joshu's team having been accused of shortchanging potential opponents since the Martin fight at least.

I wouldn't say Josh was ducking Martin, but, Charles did call Anthony out, yes.

Joshua was set to face Takam for the IBF elim. Martin was fine off the back of the Glaz...I guess we call it a fight(?)...and wanted to get right back in the ring.

Wilder and Fury were tied up so Martin called out Joshua and told him to skip the Takam fight and come straight to the title.

Hearn said Joshua's not ready to be champion.

Martin made fun of Joshua for being scared.

Wilder said he'd fight Martin asap.

Negotiations were announced between Martin and Joshua.

Martin complained they were underpaying.

Hearn complained about overpaying.

They all stopped *****ing.

Joshua clobbered Martin....end of story.

So, like I said, all there is, is accusations. I'm not sure how twitter works but I'm sure if you search Martin calls out Joshua you'll pick up the story from somewhere.

As for my point, I was hoping Shane would do my work for me and research how long Joshua has been accused of underpaying.

It's crazy to me how everytime I mention Martin calling out Joshua someone acts like that never happened. Just search for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            Wilder originally was offered $12.5 million to fight Joshua. He said no. He made more to fight Dominic Brezeale and he’s making more to fight a rematch with Luis Ortiz. (He was offered $40 million later by DAZN but wasn’t told how much Joshua would make.)

Luis Ortiz was offered $6 million to fight Joshua. He’s making $7 million to fight a rematch with Wilder.

Dillian Whyte said no to a $4 million offer to fight Joshua. He then watched as Jarrell Miller, Luis Ortiz and Andy Ruiz were offered significantly more money, despite the fact that Joshua-Whyte 2 is a much bigger fight in the UK than any of those fights would be anywhere.

Eddie Hearn claimed he offered Tyson Fury a 60-40 split which Fury rejected. Frank Warren said the offer was nowhere near 60-40.

Andy Ruiz held out on his rematch with Joshua because the purse was too low and received more money.
            how can you combine 2 separate points in history and pretend they are the same? the 12.5 was made when wilder was making 1 million. hardly a bad offer. then he was offered 40 and he's still only making 20 so what is your point again? the whole reason wilders pay jumped is because of the offers! without them why would haymon overpay wilder so much? you aren't looking at the context as to why wilders pay has jumped. its because haymon wants him to stay with pbc so bad and even haymon couldn't get wilder that 100 million over 3 fights. hes at 40 million for 2. 60 million for his next one? seems unlikely.

Comment

If Ortiz is getting $7 million to fight Wilder, Joshua didn’t offer fair market value.
              If Ortiz is getting $7M, why do you think that is?

It's not because that is 'market value'. The market isn't there to support paying a guy like Ortiz $7M.

It's because Joshua offered a similar amount. They're offering above market for these fighters. Now Haymon is doing the same.

Don't think $6M or $7M was fair? How anyone could call it 'lowball' is beyond me.

Comment

Because Joshua is the bigger draw, which makes the fight bigger, which means both sides should be compensated more.

Multiple media outlets are reporting Ortiz will make more than he was offered to fight Joshua.

I hate Joshua fans because they ignore all logic to defend their guy because they love him. My argument is logical, so of course it’s a problem for Joshua fans.
                huh? you are looking at it completely backwards my friend. the reason hes getting 7 million is because that was joshuas offer. haymon matched it so ortiz stayed with pbc. you are making it more difficult than it needs to be. without joshua's offer ortiz never gets that much. this has nothing to do with value. these are all power plays between competing networks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/1197578908620607488

Comment

Canelo and Joshua sure don’t. Wilder, GGG and Pacquiao seem too.

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
                    Does any marquee fighter pay what's "fair"? Genuine question.

Comment

I didn’t look back that far because I always heard Martin was overplayed. I also don’t remember there being issues with negotiations for Klitschko, nor do I remember Takam, Parker and Povetkin complaining about pay.

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      I called it accusations because that's all they are.

I'm getting at Joshu's team having been accused of shortchanging potential opponents since the Martin fight at least.

I wouldn't say Josh was ducking Martin, but, Charles did call Anthony out, yes.

Joshua was set to face Takam for the IBF elim. Martin was fine off the back of the Glaz...I guess we call it a fight(?)...and wanted to get right back in the ring.

Wilder and Fury were tied up so Martin called out Joshua and told him to skip the Takam fight and come straight to the title.

Hearn said Joshua's not ready to be champion.

Martin made fun of Joshua for being scared.

Wilder said he'd fight Martin asap.

Negotiations were announced between Martin and Joshua.

Martin complained they were underpaying.

Hearn complained about overpaying.

They all stopped *****ing.

Joshua clobbered Martin....end of story.

So, like I said, all there is, is accusations. I'm not sure how twitter works but I'm sure if you search Martin calls out Joshua you'll pick up the story from somewhere.

As for my point, I was hoping Shane would do my work for me and research how long Joshua has been accused of underpaying.

It's crazy to me how everytime I mention Martin calling out Joshua someone acts like that never happened. Just search for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X