No announcement yet.

Corner drills without a partner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner drills without a partner?

I won't be able to box due to a sprained hand from sparring. Im dedicated and I want to work my boxing skill when I'm in the corner or finishing someone off in the corner without a partner. It's hard to imagine the changing openings and rhythm of a fight.

Shadow boxing, practice cutting off the ring, and use your imagination. Other times you can work with a heavy bag and work your angles off of its swinging movements.

Comment

If you cant throw with your hand you can still practise body, feet and shoulder movement.
      First work your opponent into corner with a few set up combos, then sqaure off (bring your right foot almost in line with your lead foot) and bend knees - once you have imagined he went into corner. Practise stopping him going left, stopping him going right, stopping him clinching you, then my favourite...practice what i call rock and roll (in fighting). Rocking back or side, rolling under his hooks and throwing your own combos. Try mike tyson rip-upper-hook. First two punches with same hand then hook it doesn't matter.
      You can do most of this without even throwing pumches. I can't show u on here but i can only hope u know how. Also practise that chin down so when u are looking at him you can only just see the top of his head. If u can see 1m above corner post, your chin is too high. You should be throwing punches in corner with your shoulders and Hips, not so much the arms. Head shouldn't stay in one spot forcmore
      Than a couple seconds when in corner.
      Ok that enough for now. Get to work!

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloLoco503 View Post
        I won't be able to box due to a sprained hand from sparring. Im dedicated and I want to work my boxing skill when I'm in the corner or finishing someone off in the corner without a partner. It's hard to imagine the changing openings and rhythm of a fight.
        First let me say that I pray you get well soon. Sometimes an injury can be beneficial (depending how bad and where of course) so if I were you or your trainer, Id work on drills thatll improve foot speed. Football drills that running backs do help improve quick burst and movement which will help you in the corner no matter if you are the aggressor or on defense. IDK the exact names of the drills RB's do, just how to do them but I am sure you can look them up on youtube and the best part about it is you wont need your hands.

Comment

Working...
        X