Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couture is age 47 and is a shot fighter; Toney the younger man will win tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So? Toney is playing Couture's game. Roy Jones is old and shot to **** but he'd still murk any UFCer in a boxing match.

Comment

youre being stupid Tunney, Toney hasnt been world class in 4 years.

and werent you the same one who was saying that Toney got a gift against Danny 'A Bum' Batchelder? what happened to that mindframe? I know Toney very obviously lost to Oquendo, and was rocked by Matthew Greer, which is pretty embarressing.

not to mention that even on top of how ****ty he looked in his last fight, hes coming off a year layoff and is 20lbs heavier.

Couture has at least been competing with top 10 fighters. Toney hasnt even beaten a top 30 fighter in the last 4 years.

Comment

Hmmm I dunno, hope he can do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
          James Toney is going to put the old man's lights out tonight.

The age 47 Randy Couture has lost to Brock Lesnar and then to the past-prime Nogueira. Age has caught up with him...

Couture's body appeared very OLD at the weigh-in.

Toney is just age 41 and although he's past his prime, he's less shot than the 47 year old Couture.
          oh yeah and james turned 42 4 days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
            You need to enter this into the equation: top boxers are better than top UFC fighters.

Toney is past his prime, but he was a world-class fighter for a long time. Couture was a good fighter but he's an old man. Toney will beat him.
            I'll give you 3-1 odds, make your bet

I'm rooting for Toney by the way. Just PM me

Comment

Tunney, I just want to say you are the **** for rocking the Toney avatar, man. I know he's annoyed you in the past with the Klit-bashing but mad props to you for showing solidarity to James tonight

Hopefully your theory is right. I can't comment on Couture but I would say, sadly, Toney is definitely shot. He has looked truly awful in his last few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                Tunney, I just want to say you are the **** for rocking the Toney avatar, man. I know he's annoyed you in the past with the Klit-bashing but mad props to you for showing solidarity to James tonight

Hopefully your theory is right. I can't comment on Couture but I would say, sadly, Toney is definitely shot. He has looked truly awful in his last few fights.
                In times like this Boxing fans gotta stick together. I hate Cintron, but if he were facin' an MMA'er, I'd root for him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
                  You have it all wrong.

James defeated those guys Batchelder and Oquendo!

Toney stopped Greer in TWO rounds, it took young world title challenger Kevin Johnson THREE rounds the year before.

And Toney DESERVED to win a TKO 3 over another world title challenger Hasim Rahman who basically quit because he was taking a beating.
                  I thought he clearly lost to Oquendo, but I didn't really care of the robbery because quite honestly...both looked like crap. To think Oquendo wanted to protest the decision

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post

I took a liking to Toney when he called David Haye a ****sexual.

Toney's trash-talking about the Klitschko "sisters" makes me laugh. It's not from envy and insecurity like the garbage that comes out of David Haye.

But part of the reason I am supporting him is because this is BOXING, my favorite sport vs. MMA, which is a fine sport but I just can't become passionate about it like I am about boxing.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 08-28-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      In times like this Boxing fans gotta stick together. I hate Cintron, but if he were facin' an MMA'er, I'd root for him too.
                      And if Calzaghe, Floyd or Berto were facing someone from MMA, I'd be behind them too. Hell, I'd even rock a Calzaghe avatar

Comment

Working...
                      X