Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin - Who Won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin - Who Won?

I just saw the fight, i had Rampage winning. its a robbery. Rampage was whopping Forrest's ass. Forrest only won one round the 2nd round
    Quinton Jackson
    53.33%
    Forrest Griffin
    46.67%
    Last edited by boojee; 10-04-2008, 10:32 PM.

I spoke about this in another thread and this is how I saw it.

It wasn't a wide decision but it was the right decision without a doubt. I had it like this:

Round 1 - Rampage (10-9)
    Round 2 - Griffin (10-8)
    Round 3 - Even (10-10)
    Round 4 - Griffin (10-9)
    Round 5 - Rampage (10-9)

48-47 Griffin.
    Compustrike validates the victory as well:
    http://www.compustrike.com/stats.php?news_id=31

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post

Compu Strike doesn't take into account aggressiveness and who pushed the pace. Quinton Jackson won this by a unanimous decision.
      Last edited by YUHHHHHHH!; 10-04-2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

rampage left leg was hurt but that's about it, rampage was never in any trouble and wins every exchange, wobbles griffin in almost every exchange.

can you give the link to the similar thread, i wanna see what you guys think, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
          Compu Strike doesn't take into account aggressiveness and who pushed the pace. Quinton Jackson won this by a split decision.
          But it takes into account who is most effective over the whole duration of the fight which was Griffin. And aggressiveness isn't just about who pushes the pace of the fight, its about who goes for more submission attempts, dominant positions, takedowns, strikes, reversals etc. Plus if you land more strikes and have the better of the grappling exchanges over the course of the fight then you are the one setting the pace and pushing the action, ergo you are the aggressor. And if you believe that Jackson won the fight, why would you have it as a split decision? Surely it would have to be a unanimous decision.

Comment

But it takes into account who is most effective over the whole duration of the fight which was Griffin. And aggressiveness isn't just about who pushes the pace of the fight, its about who goes for more submission attempts, dominant positions, takedowns, strikes, reversals etc. Plus if you land more strikes and have the better of the grappling exchanges over the course of the fight then you are the one setting the pace and pushing the action, ergo you are the aggressor. And if you believe that Jackson won the fight, why would you have it as a split decision? Surely it would have to be a unanimous decision.
            Mistype on my part. I see your reasoning, but in my opinion, it's more of a "Beat the champ to be the champ." And I don't see Forrest Griffin beating the champ in any way during this fight. Quinton Jackson's legs are killing, he keeps moving forward. He actually shook Forrest several times during the fight. I think he won. To each his own.

Comment

I had it like this:
              Round 1: 10-9 - Rampage
              Round 2: 10-8 - Forrest
              Round 3: 10-9 - Rampage
              Round 4: 10-9 - Rampage
              Round 5: 10-9 - Forrest

Total: 48-48 - DRAW

Comment

I had it 3 Rounds too 2 for Rampage....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian13 View Post
                  I had it like this:
                  Round 1: 10-9 - Rampage
                  Round 2: 10-8 - Forrest
                  Round 3: 10-9 - Rampage
                  Round 4: 10-9 - Rampage
                  Round 5: 10-9 - Forrest

Total: 48-48 - DRAW

10-8 on round 2? really? Griffin was on full mount in rd 2 and was not able to do anything but rub his elbows on Jackson's face. Griffin did NOT dominate that round, even on a full mount and Jackson's left leg messed up.

it's hard to be the aggressor when your leg is hurtin, but Jackson was still able explode and do a flurry on Griffin and wobbles Griffin almost every time.

i mean if a you can give a 10-8 in rd 2 to Griffin you have to give Jackson 10-8 in round 1 as well, i think that round was dominated by Rampage.

i dont have a problem with your scoring by the way thats just your input and im just stating my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by boojee View Post
                    10-8 on round 2? really? Griffin was on full mount in rd 2 and was not able to do anything but rub his elbows on Jackson's face. Griffin did NOT dominate that round, even on a full mount and Jackson's left leg messed up.

it's hard to be the aggressor when your leg is hurtin, but Jackson was still able explode and do a flurry on Griffin and wobbles Griffin almost every time.

i mean if a you can give a 10-8 in rd 2 to Griffin you have to give Jackson 10-8 in round 1 as well, i think that round was dominated by Rampage.

i dont have a problem with your scoring by the way thats just your input and im just stating my opinion.

Disagree with you there I'm afraid. Look at the compustrike stats for rounds 1 and 2 and you will see a huge, huge difference. Round 1 Jackson won just about, he was effective for sure but other than the knock down the round was pretty much even in terms of activity. I mean compustrike has Griffin throwing more hands, throwing more kicks however his overall percentage was just a bit lower than Rampage's. And when Rampage did floor Griffin he did nothing to advance position or for that matter gain a dominant one. He was quite happy to just lay there until Forrest made his way back up to his feet. He won the round but he didn't dominate it at all.

Now round 2 was a completely different story. Forrest took control from the outset and had Rampage on the defensive from the get go. He got Rampage to the ground, and thoroughly dominated him. He was able to get off some submission attempts, advance position twice the second being full mount and was active throughout potshotting Rampage consistently. Rampage didn't land a single shot nor was he able to stop Griffin from advancing position or for that matter make it back to his feet which would've made it a 10-9 round but since it was all action from Griffin and nothing from Jackson (again look at the compustrike) it was 10-8 Griffin no question.

Comment

Working...
                    X