Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacman is an amazing fighter without any question.
    His main weapon in a fight against Floyd has to be lateral movement, feinting and his HUGE punch output. With that being said, he hates counter punchers, he leaves himself open for counters constantly, especially the right cross and left hooks when ever he lunges. Pacman is a warrior but he doesn't respond well to adversity, explaining why his losses to Morales and Marquez where so dominate(yes, he knocked MArquez down 3 times in one fight and Marquez went on to put on somewhat of a clinic) He don't adjust well. He doesn't like people who stand their ground and counter but prefers that you stalk him in a straight line (Cotto, Margarito, HAtton). I think it is a 50/50 fight but Floyd should be the slight favorite

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
      lets have a proper debate regarding Manny Pacquaio, without calling each other silly playground names. I am willing to listen to all sides & mainly want the following questions answered.

I am not slating Manny, I think he's a very good fighter but I want answers as to how so many people think Manny can beat Floyd. (I personally can't see how)

A/ I have noticed Manny has improved his right hand a lot in recent years but do you not think though he is fast that his straight left is often very predictable? When out of range he literally throws himself forward, would he get away with that against Floyd? I mean if Marquez was able to make him pay & stunned/rocked/hurt him several times, I'm positive Floyd can.

B/ Do you not find Manny is rather 1-D? by that I mean he has one style, throws the same combinations over & over again. Do you think for 1 second Floyds going to be a sitting duck & not counter the **** out of him?
      (After seeing the 4 rounds with Ortiz & against Shane, I have no doubt in my mind he can stand & trade with Pac if he wanted)
      Again not saying they are Pacquaio but these guys are both a lot bigger, they're fast & hit just as hard.

He rarely throws feints, neglects his jab, with the height & reach disadvantage - How can he expect to land these combinations without these crucial assets?

Parry - jab over the top, steps in with the straight left = It might work against static fighters such as Clottey but Floyd is the most intelligent boxer to ever live.

Once he flicks that right out, you know damn well the lefts coming behind it 99% of the time - Ortiz is no Pac but look at the ease he countered him with & Ortiz is no slouch.

Though he lost Cotto had some great success & didn't let Pac get into a rhythm for most of the first half of the fight. If you let him unless you are an absolute world class counter puncher like Marquez the chances are he is winning every exchange.

That is why Floyds so hated because he is so great at adapting, effortlessly. If somebody has it can you upload the video of him sparring please (Paul Spadafora, I think). He starts mimicking fighters, shouting their names out & then whopping his sparring partner in a certain fighters style. He does James Toney, Winky Wright, Ali, it's ****ing amazing & pretty funny actually.

I just see a beatable fighter against a guy with zero weaknesses. I'm not sure I could give him as much as a punchers chance at 147.
      The question we should ask is: Who has Manny fought in his entire career that resembles the likes of Mayweather in every which way?

We can ask the same of Floyd's opponents resembling Manny. However, Floyd is undefeated and has faced many, come forward, 'put the pressure on' type of fighters, despite many of them appearing to hurt or back Floyd up.

Not to mention he also faced southpaws with pop and was victorious in those bouts.

Comment

We will see against Marquez whether Manny has improved against a technical, pure boxer and that may give some indication on how he would fair against Floyd.

I love Manny's style, but I just can't see anyone beating Floyd. It could be really close though and you know Manny would be relentless on Floyd, I don't think anyone would put as much pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
          I love Manny's style, but I just can't see anyone beating Floyd. It could be really close though and you know Manny would be relentless on Floyd, I don't think anyone would put as much pressure on him.
          Agree. Although I would also say that this is a bit like discussing who would win in a fight between King Kong and Godzilla, because it's got about as much chance of happening in reality (King Kong takes it easily, incidentally).

Comment

Working...
          X