No announcement yet.

How To Start...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Start...

This summer I am thinking of starting up Muay Thai at a big MMA gym like 45 minutes away from me. But what I want to know is how much experience is needed to get involved in starting up something like this? I have total **** stand up, all I've really done is a bit of high school wrestling which I also sucked at. I would be a total beginner if I did it, I guess I should contact the place and see what kind of classes they offer. But what would you guys recomend so I could go in there and not get totally owned?

I would say start boxing with your police athletic league.

Comment

Luke where are you going to train at?

Comment

I would just talk to them. More than likely they have a beginners class. You could do bag work and toughen up your chins if you wanted to get a head start but other than just make sure your in good physical shape and work on cardio. I would go for it if you're lucky enough to have that training available.

Comment

Just go you baby what to you want to be the best one there on your first day?

Comment

No I was just wondering how it worked. I = no experience.

gman you know anything about this place?
            http://www.ultimatethaiboxing.com/

Comment

I think Gary Goodridge trains there.

what city is it in

Comment

Look like it has more **** the the place I'm training at. But don't forget about carlos http://www.warriormac.com/

Comment

The guy = Goodridge's trainer. It's in Scarborough. gman don't forget I'm a ways away.

Comment

Just go. Your not going to be a expert your first class.

Comment

Working...
                    X