No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez To Turn Pro Under Top Rank Banner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez To Turn Pro Under Top Rank Banner

Nearly a year after defecting from the most storied amateur boxing in the world, Robeisy Ramirez is ready to join forces with one of the biggest companies in the pro ranks. The two-time Olympic Gold medalist from Cuba is in advanced talks and preparing to sign with promotional powerhouse Top Rank. Representatives from the Las Vegas-based company have declined comment-or even confirmation-but the pro debut for the supremely gifted southpaw can come as early as this summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great signing for Top Rank. It will be interesting how aggressively they match him given that he's a 2-time gold medalist and only 25 years old.
    Another intriguing fighter at 118-126

Comment

This dude is special, can see him being world champ this time next year

Comment

I’m really excited to see Ramirez fight! I hope arum does a good job promoting him!

Comment

I wonder what weight. Gary Russell will be adding him to his 'avoid' list just in case its featherweight.

Hopefully he gets moved fast, even if it means taking an early L (like Loma).

Comment

Is this the guy who made Shakur Stevenson cry? Just asking for a friend.

Comment

Cubans are hilarious for making such funny names. Never heard the name Robeisy before. This is coming from a dude from South America.

Comment

Surprising that Bob is signing another cuban boxer - as talented as he is - given how it ended with Gamboa and Rigondeaux.

Comment

Arum has a decent stable of lighter guys. Should make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                    Surprising that Bob is signing another cuban boxer - as talented as he is - given how it ended with Gamboa and Rigondeaux.
                    Yeah that is a concern. The way Bob let Loma go for belts so early makes me hope he does the same here. But seeing how he protected JuanMa from Gamboa, seems likely he would protect Valdez from Ramirez.

TR have good fighters at the weight though, Ramirez can build an impressive resume in the next 2 years if given the chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X