Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow Dazn is in Bad Shape!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope DAZN lasts, because its a great deal, but from a numbers standpoint it just seems like their boxing program is pretty fruitless endeavor to begin with if the numbers are true with the money they're allegedly handing out. Canelo's big, but he's not necessarily a cross over level talent like Pac, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Tyson.

You can make a decent amount of money in the USA on boxing, but again I can't see that many hardcores being out there that'll hold the boxing program afloat. Ultimately the lifeblood is getting people to make yearly commitments versus maybe $40 a year for 2 Canelo fights. Even hardcores weren't paying for the other guys as evidenced with GGG's 97k PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      I dont know why he isnt banned. He also claimed to own a marketing agency which supposedly sold fake App downloads for DAZN.
      Also said he was a lawyer, and had seen the $1 billion a year contract for PBC to provide 104 cards a year.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        It surprises me the amount of so called boxing fans who would like to see a boxing structure that is trying to give us the fans some good fights for what amounts to not much money fail.
        Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        We don’t even get this in the UK and pretty much everyone unanimously want it to succeed from the views on here at least.

Boxing fans in general are pretty crap though. Arrogant and strange.

I think the Eddie Hearn connection makes people tribal. You had that wanker on that you tube channel accusing Matchroom of colonising
        Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        There aren't many boxing fans anymore it's mostly boxer fans and promoter fanboys. This forum has 20% or less boxing fans.
        With all due respect guys, you have every right to be angry when you read this kind of crap. It's childish and weak. It is also the exact same attitude posters expressed about PBC from the beginning.

Two wrongs don't make aright but what he is doing is a direct response to attitudes seen in the past toward an endeavor that was also "trying to give us the fans some good fights for what amounts to not much money".

It feels that when PBC was on the receiving end of this kind of garbage there wasn't as much of the same sentiment expressed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          DAZN ended free trials back in like January. Nobody watching on DAZN isn't paying a subscription if that's what you getting at thinking they are counting free trials not paying customers. You are saying one insider is vague on how many subscribers they have today but clearly states within a couple weeks they planning to hit 1 mil. The other insider who you are are ignoring used to work for HBO and flat out said they are almost at 1 mi subscribers right now today and will likely hit 1 mil by this weekend. Whoever you choose to believe they are not at 100K subscribers that's just dumb. Canelo's fans alone have come out and drove 1M ppv buys his last 3 fights before signing with DAZN only a fool thinks that by drastically cutting the price to watch his fights you will end up with less then 100K subscribers. They will be hitting 1M subscribers just look at their schedule Canelo vs Jacobs May 4, Joshua vs Ruiz June 1 and GGG bs Rolls June 8. Canelo and Joshua fans all within the same month and GGG fans within 5 weeks. Those fighters and their fanbases alone will get 1M subscribers and that's before you mention WBSS and the rest of the content they have like Bellator MMA or their new MLB baseball deal.
          Respectfully you are dancing around my point. I posted that what you stated was in the article was not what the article stated. That is a fact. There can be no debate about that.

I didn't posted there were only 100k subscribers nor did I cite a source. I posted that "approaching 1 million" was vague and could mean 100k or 750k. I don't know, neither do you, based on the article you posted. I don't see how there is any debate.

As for the HBO insider, you didn't post that article so I didn't comment on it nor did I deny it.

I posted I agreed with you that the Canelo/Jacobs fight will draw customers. I also posted same to another poster prior to your post. We are on the same page in this regard.

While you are correct those fighters fanbases are huge, they may go out to watch the fight. If I am correct, Canelo/Jacobs is offered in movie theaters. They could watch it there.

I am in no way suggesting DAZN is failing nor am I agreeing with the TS.

Comment

Well if DAZN is in trouble i suggest the haterz get their Party hats ready so you can rejoice. As a none American Boxing fan i think it sounds a spectacular deal and i hear they are making plays in to the top ranks of other major American sports but id snap it up for the Boxing alone. But you guys seem to hate it for some reason. If it fails it fails its not like all the Boxers will be tied up and shot their careers will go on, the fights will go on and they will just be on other platforms.

But it looks such a good deal considering the price, annually or monthly, that i dont get why you are all so resistant to it, but then i reckon there is just alot of salty over nationalistic morons who feel its foreigners trying to take some good ole USA fighting run by good ole American people. Also i suspect all these PBC shills already have it but will deny it because, well because they are PBC shills.

It dont affect me either way, feeling im getting is DAZN is doing well and you salty saddo's would say crap like this no matter what the real situation is because you are pathetic dicks.

Comment

I think the TS is lying about 43k subs. Check the article below, especially the bolded.

https://videoadnews.com/2019/03/13/s...n-running-ads/

Sports Streaming Service DAZN to Begin Running Ads
              BY TIM CROSS ON MARCH 13, 2019

Sports-dedicated streaming service DAZN will begin running advertising and sponsorship placements this year for the first time, the company announced today. The UK-based business has been steadily building up its portfolio of sports rights and expanding into new markets since its 2016 launch, but has so far only monetised its content through subscription fees.

DAZN’s ad inventory will be sold through sales house DAZN Media alongside parent company DAZN Group’s other media brands, which include Goal, SportingNews and Spox.com. DAZN Media will also handle sales for the DAZN Player (formerly ePlayer), a video on-demand (VOD) service which is distributed through third-party sites including Mail Online, MSN, Mundo Deportivo and La Repubblica.

The company sees this combination of multiple sports-based media brands as a key strength of its ad offering. “This is another watershed moment for DAZN as we mobilise the combined strength of our brands, products, editorial and video content together with data-led insights to build a new and innovative way for advertisers to associate with sport and fans at a local and global level,” said DAZN Group’s chief revenue officer James Rushton.

DAZN says it has already signed up a limited number of advertising partners to start, including VW, Tipico, bwin and Krombacher, ahead of a full roll out later this year.

“DAZN has set out to change the way the world sees sport and we now feel that we are in a position to change the way brands engage with sports fans,” said DAZN Media’s EVP Stefano D’Anna. “With the introduction of media placements on DAZN, we are providing brands with the impact of TV, complemented by the targeting and insights of digital.”

Not much detail has been given on how advertising will work on DAZN’s streaming service, which is currently available in the US, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria and Japan (the company had not responded to a request for comment at the time of writing). Currently DAZN charges users a flat monthly subscription cost ($9.99 in the US, €9.99 in Europe), but the company has not said whether ads will run on a new, cheaper subscription tier, or whether they’ll simply be added into the existing subscription package with no change in price.

DAZN is spending billions building up its current base of sports rights, which includes major properties like the UEFA Champions League, the Premier League and La Liga in Germany, and the MLB in the US. In recent months the company has invested heavily in boxing too, signing deals with high profile names like Anthony Joshua and Gennady Golovkin. And currently, it sells these events for much cheaper than its competitors – a single pay-per view event in boxing can cost as much as $99 elsewhere- almost as much as a year’s subscription to DAZN.

This strategy has been costly though, with the group recording losses of £214 million in 2017. And while this has all been part of the plan (DAZN Group CEO Simon Denyer has said he’s following Netflix’s high cash-burn model to build up its subscriber base), the move towards advertising might be an effort to minimise these losses.

Comment

Why Speculate, do a little research and you will find answers...

Well yeah at this very moment the numbers are not coming back great I'm sure but it is very early for DAZN. That is why they're spending just ridiculous amounts of money to build up the APP, the hope is that THIS FIGHT can give them a boost in Subscriptions

They're just using boxing for now because it is AVAILABLE TO THEM but make no mistake, the hope is to land the BIGGER and more Profitable Sports in America like the NFL. Basically DAZN is waiting and Positioning itself with the HOPES to land NFL Sunday Ticket which=$$$. Landing that will be bigger than landing any BOXER here in the U.S. the good thing for boxing is that it is going to take a few years for them to get the NFL so for now Boxers should "Get Why The Getting Is Good" from DAZN while they're pumping money into boxing because no it won't last at least not that his current rate in which they're spending on boxing

I LOVEboxing but I think a lot of us boxing fans are in straight up denial about how popular our sport really is here in AMERICA. The Sport as a whole, nobody gives a sh#t about, they only care about certain boxers and that is it.

As others have posted on this forum, it is a the ultimate "NICHE SPORT". Not a coincidence that it is neck and neck with Horse Racing because that is exactly how boxing is treated. Nobody watches the other Horse Races that the Horses are in before the Kentucky Derby, they only tune in for the Kentucky Derby once a year and after that they go back to not caring and they show up and do it again next year

So making it about DAZN vs PBC vs Top Rank...our sport as a whole is having issues with Ticket Sales, Ratings/Views, Subscribers and PPV Buys and it won't get any better when the fans are so HATEFUL and DIVIDED!
                Last edited by sicko; 05-02-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Doing media buys for Volkswagon right now. Have Dazns numbers as the have added advertising to the stream!

They have no we’re close to 1 million US Subscribers.

As of March 22nd they have a whooping 43,000 paid total active subscribers.

I’m actually recommending doing the commercial buy though. Figure it will raise some and then can lock in this price now!

Man, these ding bats have spent 3.2 billion in contracts and are getting back not even $15 million a year in the US.
                  Where did you get those numbers? Not saying its not true just have not heard them release anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Why Speculate, do a little research and you will find answers...

Well yeah at this very moment the numbers are not coming back great I'm sure but it is very early for DAZN. That is why they're spending just ridiculous amounts of money to build up the APP, the hope is that THIS FIGHT can give them a boost in Subscriptions

They're just using boxing for now because it is AVAILABLE TO THEM but make no mistake, the hope is to land the BIGGER and more Profitable Sports in America like the NFL. Basically DAZN is waiting and Positioning itself with the HOPES to land NFL Sunday Ticket which=$$$. Landing that will be bigger than landing any BOXER here in the U.S. the good thing for boxing is that it is going to take a few years for them to get the NFL so for now Boxers should "Get Why The Getting Is Good" from DAZN while they're pumping money into boxing because no it won't last at least not that his current rate in which they're spending on boxing

I LOVEboxing but I think a lot of us boxing fans are in straight up denial about how popular our sport really is here in AMERICA. The Sport as a whole, nobody gives a sh#t about, they only care about certain boxers and that is it.

As others have posted on this forum, it is a the ultimate "NICHE SPORT". Not a coincidence that it is neck and neck with Horse Racing because that is exactly how boxing is treated. Nobody watches the other Horse Races that the Horses are in before the Kentucky Derby, they only tune in for the Kentucky Derby once a year and after that they go back to not caring and they show up and do it again next year

So making it about DAZN vs PBC vs Top Rank...our sport as a whole is having issues with Ticket Sales, Ratings/Views, Subscribers and PPV Buys and it won't get any better when the fans are so HATEFUL and DIVIDED!
                    Agree these guys stick up for what ever promoter their hero is with.All these promoters are to blame for sport constantly getting smaller and smaller.

Comment

I like DAZN, I like Fox Sports boxing, I like ESPN boxing, I like Showtime boxing, I like free streaming, I like watching fights on youtube...why? BECAUSE I LIKE BOXING GOTDAMMIT!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X