Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So a man who walks around at 170+ is more comfortable at 140 than 147...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yesir View Post
    didnt know it was easy to look good against collazo. go ask berto

floyd hatton>>>>pacs hatton

if 147 and undefeated hatton could fight 140 hatton, 140 hattons gets his ass whipped

you *******s always quick to downplay floyds win with comon opponents.

just shows that you guys dont feel satisfied with pacroids accomplishments and yall know whats going to happen to him, when hi and floyd meet

insecure much? *******s
    This isn't floyd vs pacquiao, this is a thread on whether or not Hatton is better at 147 or 140. The only person sounding insecure right about now is you, talking about floyd and ****. Stay on topic

Comment

Natas206 How much, if at all, do you think the KO loss to floyd changed Hatton?

Comment

if you put nuthugging aside you will clearly see that hatton's best weight was at 140. his best performances were at that weight and this shouldn't even be put on a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          if you put nuthugging aside you will clearly see that hatton's best weight was at 140. his best performances were at that weight and this shouldn't even be put on a debate.
          No question. But his fight with manny was after the mayweather and collazo fights. Do you think the mayweather fight took something out of manny. Nuthugging has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Natas206 How much, if at all, do you think the KO loss to floyd changed Hatton?
            Probably hurt his pride a bit but physically I don't think it changed him at all. He looked fantastic against Paulie not long after that loss.

I think with the Pac loss a lot of that was him fighting like a moron. He went into the ring with the mentality that HE was the bigger, stronger opponent and he could just bull rush pacquiao and man handle him. That's what got him KO'd so quickly, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Probably hurt his pride a bit but physically I don't think it changed him at all. He looked fantastic against Paulie not long after that loss.

I think with the Pac loss a lot of that was him fighting like a moron. He went into the ring with the mentality that HE was the bigger, stronger opponent and he could just bull rush pacquiao and man handle him. That's what got him KO'd so quickly, imo.
              I think he chose paulie because he knew paulie couldn't hurt him. He took too many hard shots against both collazo and floyd. He could come forward without fear of getting hurt. I don't know if he was "better"

I think the floyd ko (and collazo) took something from him.Because, Hatton was unable to change his style (or improve his defense) that late in his career, I think he was actually a worse fighter because he had the same poor defense and had 22 rounds of hard punches on him, not to mention balloning up to 180 lbs. But 140 was clearly his best weight.

Comment

No question. But his fight with manny was after the mayweather and collazo fights. Do you think the mayweather fight took something out of hatton? Nuthugging has nothing to do with it.
                it all depends on the fighter...some fighters can handle 1st ko losses pretty easily, some can not. in hatton's case, i believe yeah there was some effects on him but i don't think it's that much for 2 reasons...

1. he wanted a rematch against floyd right away...if a fighter got ruined by somebody an immediate rematch would be the last thing in his mind.
                2. he got back on track and dominated malignaggi easily.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  it all depends on the fighter...some fighters can handle 1st ko losses pretty easily, some can not. in hatton's case, i believe yeah there was some effects on him but i don't think it's that much for 2 reasons...

1. he wanted a rematch against floyd right away...if a fighter got ruined by somebody an immediate rematch would be the last thing in his mind.
                  2. he got back on track and dominated malignaggi easily.
                  "Ruined" is too strong a word I agree. But both ww fights took their toll on hatton.

As to #1: I think that was pride. Ricky was beaten pretty easy that fight. As to #2 Ithink he chose paulie because he knew paulie couldn't hurt him. He could fight his usual style without fear of getting hurt. I saw no improvement in Hatton's style or defense.

Comment

Hatton fought 2 fights at 147. Neither of the 2 guys he fought uses strength and bullying as they means to beat their opponent. Hell PBF didn't even impose his size on JMM. Don't matter what weight Hatton fought at if he couldn't bully you he was most likely going to lose. Hatton really couldn't bully those fighters. That is why he had a tough fight with Collazo and got dominated by PBF. The punch Manny hit Hatton with was right on Hatton's button so the weight didn't matter in that figh either. No matter the weight all fighters got a button and if that button is hit right that fighter is going to go down either for the 10 count, getting seriously dazed or get up before the 10 count is reached.

Comment

"Ruined" is too strong a word I agree. But both ww fights took their toll on hatton.

As to #1: I think that was pride. Ricky was beaten pretty easy that fight. As to #2 Ithink he chose paulie because he knew paulie couldn't hurt him. He could fight his usual style without fear of getting hurt. I saw no improvement in Hatton's style or defense.
                      let's focus on facts rather than assumptions. take the case of victor ortiz...he suffered so much on his 1st ko loss he find the need to change his style. he became more cautious. also diaz, he was never the same again afte he got ko'd by jmm. hatton on the other hand, was still the same hatton...very confident and knows only one fighting style, that is to put pressure on his opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X