Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no statement from Al Haymon? Gag order is done...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Al Haymon will not talk to the media. He is a shadowy figure. Google image search him, you wont even find a single picture for crying out loud. He is the Illuminati!
    Freakin Natas....love the Lampoon sig!

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
      So his point of view is...fight isn't happening, let people draw their own conclusions, don't want to waste any more energy on this...move on. Yeah?
      If they fight in May all this will be forgotten, why make people remember a situation like this.

He is consistent with his appraoch though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        If they fight in May all this will be forgotten, why make people remember a situation like this.

He is consistent with his appraoch though.
        I see where he is coming from...if in fact that is his approach...but which is more damaging to Floyd rep...acknowledging and stating that we'll look into it again next year, or just keeping silent and losing more fans/ rep getting hit harder?

Comment

I see where he is coming from...if in fact that is his approach...but which is more damaging to Floyd rep...acknowledging and stating that we'll look into it again next year, or just keeping silent and losing more fans/ rep getting hit harder?
          I am sure they have a plan, they are sticking with the plan currently it appears.

I don't know which way is the best way it is a tricky situation with a lot of moving parts, which is why it is probably a good idea just to keep it as business as usual.

Also considering how Haymon and Arum are, I doubt that Haymon would want to get forced into doing soemthing he does not want to do from a situation largely created by Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I am sure they have a plan, they are sticking with the plan currently it appears.

I don't know which way is the best way it is a tricky situation with a lot of moving parts, which is why it is probably a good idea just to keep it as business as usual.

Also considering how Haymon and Arum are, I doubt that Haymon would want to get forced into doing soemthing he does not want to do from a situation largely created by Arum.
            No argument there....

Comment

I doubt we ever see Al Haymon talk to the media. Ever.

Comment

Anything Ellerbe says would have been ok'd by Haymon I'd guess.

This saga is ******ed to be honest. I'm done hoping that this fight will happen soon. TBH It is the only viable option for both fighters, yet Manny is fighting Margarito. Arum should have forced Mayweather into a corner where he has to publicly state his intentions, but clearly nothing the teams discussed with Greenburg was serious enough and Arum's conference call was a pr stunt.

Someone needs to make it public what the terms offered were and why no further proposals were made. Arum probably offered 14 days but he knew that Floyd didn't want that anymore. Why didn't they offer 7 days cut off 50/50 and negotiate from there. I can't believe there were any TRUE negotiations when no one is quoting terms they offered the other party.

The whole saga is fishy and all involved should be ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
                  Anything Ellerbe says would have been ok'd by Haymon I'd guess.

This saga is ******ed to be honest. I'm done hoping that this fight will happen soon. TBH It is the only viable option for both fighters, yet Manny is fighting Margarito. Arum should have forced Mayweather into a corner where he has to publicly state his intentions, but clearly nothing the teams discussed with Greenburg was serious enough and Arum's conference call was a pr stunt.

Someone needs to make it public what the terms offered were and why no further proposals were made. Arum probably offered 14 days but he knew that Floyd didn't want that anymore. Why didn't they offer 7 days cut off 50/50 and negotiate from there. I can't believe there were any TRUE negotiations when no one is quoting terms they offered the other party.

The whole saga is fishy and all involved should be ashamed.

A public statement revealing the contract details LOL!!!

Yeah they do that kind of thing all the time. Excuses excuses excuses!!!!

Comment

Bob Arum has said his piece, Ross Greenburg has said his piece, where is Al Haymon's? Leonard has no place to speak since he obviously wasn't part of the negotiations.
                    It wouldn't matter if Haymon made a statement. The people who hate Mayweather, including virtually all of the boxing media who have been writing about the negotiations, and all the haters on this site, would call him a liar and still believe what they wanted to believe. Mayweather's supporters would still support him.

Haymon never talks to the media, but even if he did, it wouldn't change anything. After all, Bob Arum lied about having an agreement with Golden Boy to stage the fight and admitted to lying about it, yet that fact has been all but ignored by the boxing media and the haters (when was the last time that was mentioned in an article on any site about the negotiations?) as they continue to criticize Mayweather for the failed negotiations. That should tell you something!

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      It wouldn't matter if Haymon made a statement. The people who hate Mayweather, including virtually all of the boxing media who have been writing about the negotiations, and all the haters on this site, would call him a liar and still believe what they wanted to believe. Mayweather's supporters would still support him.

Haymon never talks to the media, but even if he did, it wouldn't change anything. After all, Bob Arum lied about having an agreement with Golden Boy to stage the fight and admitted to lying about it, yet that fact has been all but ignored by the boxing media and the haters (when was the last time that was mentioned in an article on any site about the negotiations?) as they continue to criticize Mayweather for the failed negotiations. That should tell you something!
                      No comment.....this thread never happened or took place.....even though NSB is stating otherwise....I choose not to discuss any specifics on how this thread appeared....

Comment

Working...
                      X