Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think of Jermain Taylor's Opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think of Jermain Taylor's Opposition?

It seems to me like a lot of people are split over Taylor's opposition. There are some who say he has fought the toughest opposition of just about anyone in the sport in his last few fights. Then there are those who refuse to give him credit for fighting an old Hopkins and barely winning in the judges eyes. And he especially gets hate for facing Winky Wright, Kassim Ouma, and Cory Spinks because they all moved up from 154.

Do you think Taylor deserves credit for what he's done? Has he been fighting too many jr. middles?

Ouma wasn't a great choice. Winky was because he's recognised as a P4Per, Hopkins was a good pair of wins for Taylor (but not for the viewing public!) but I think that Taylor so far is a fairly mediocre champion.

Comment

It seems like Taylor's team had a lot of confidence in him through the Wright fight.But now they have lost some of that confidence.Which is why he's fighting guys like Ouma & Spinks now.Their hoping for him to polish his skills against smaller,less dangerous fighters right now.

Comment

I think it is pretty damn good overall but the last couple of fights against guys like Ouma and Spinks are a bit frustrating simply because these guys are small Middleweights coming up in weight to fight a guy who is a very large MW.......I give him a pass on Winky because he is a P4P force even tho he also came up from JMW......I mean it could be alot worse because at least Ouma and Spinks are very good fighters but they lack power as did Winky and I think DiBella and Taylor know that and know he was hurt Badly by Hopkins in their 1st fight and don't want to risk him with a big puncher.......but time is ticking and he will sooner or later face a guy who can punch and I predict will get KOed by a guy like Miranda.

Comment

Since Pavlik and Miranda are already fighting each other, really who is there for Taylor to fight at middleweight?

Comment

Taylor is a big MW and he faced couple of good oppenet and proven his ground. not exciting to watch.

His fight against Winky is not a win but a draw but when Winky refused the rematch it made him look like a winner espically when the belts are still around him.

He leave his chin and head exposed that is a no no against Miranda who is a drity fight as well as strongest punch at MW right now and could be p4p right now.

If he deveolped his jab more because he has a long reach and longer than Tarver too he would be okay and control the fight but he doesnt and he doest puch a distance for himself but he wants to finish off his oppenet and Spinks could be the faster one here and proven his boxing ability where many writen him off and spink could be a p4per and probably top 5 if he won Taylor for sure

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              Since Pavlik and Miranda are already fighting each other, really who is there for Taylor to fight at middleweight?
              As of right now,no one really.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                To me personally any top ten real MW would be fine.....even top 15 if he wants.....I just hate seeing him beating on little guys.Poor Ouma gave his ass hell though it was hilarious......Taylor was even a bit shocked it appeared because he could'nt stop that guy.If he can't stop Spinks he has problems.....while Spinks is elusive he does'nt have nearly the chin or heart Ouma has.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
                  To me personally any top ten real MW would be fine.....even top 15 if he wants.....I just hate seeing him beating on little guys.Poor Ouma gave his ass hell though it was hilarious......Taylor was even a bit shocked it appeared because he could'nt stop that guy.If he can't stop Spinks he has problems.....while Spinks is elusive he does'nt have nearly the chin or heart Ouma has.
                  If Taylor was fighting someone like Howard Eastman, you would give him more credit than beating Spinks?

Comment

I'm in the first camp, Hopkins(2)-Wright is just much better than we've had from anyone else, including all the top 'pound for pound' (this expression is stupid, but that's another matter) guys.

There are two facors to consider with Ouma and Spinks; they are smallish, yes, but they're also sellable fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X