Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mosley vs Mayweather for the Lineal Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could've sworn Mosley was the lineal champ at ww. I guess he lost it for being inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyg512 View Post
      I could've sworn Mosley was the lineal champ at ww. I guess he lost it for being inactive.
      You don't lose your lineal claim from inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindle View Post
        Is the Mayweather vs Mosley fight for the Lineal Championship? I believe Mosley currently has the lineal championship but it's so confusing I'm not so sure anymore.
        It will be recognized as such by the ratings compiled at this site. Cyberboxingzone recognizes Mosley already. I don't because, at the time Mosley beat Margarito, I thought he still needed another win over Cotto who had won against him. Mosley, as the or a leading Welter is getting first crack at the man who retired as the lineal champ. Historically, in cases like Johnson-Jeffries and Ali-Holmes, the man who beat the man who walked away was able to claim the full lineage. Mosley will earn as much if he wins. If Floyd wins, he earns the right to say he is what he was: the genuine champion until he is beaten. Ring's take will be different, but then Ring will tell people a week from now that Kameda-Wonjongkam will "fill" a vacancy which is complete BS. It simply verifies a lineage that extends to Canto in the 70s. Kameda is ALREADY the champ.

Comment

No, because Mosley wasn't number 2 or 3 when he beat Margarito.

Losing to Cotto had knocked him down.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            You don't lose your lineal claim from inactivity.
            Ok well who was the #1 ww before Pac came up.

Comment

Ok well who was the #1 ww before Pac came up.
              The Ring had Shane Ranked at #1 but the title vacant. I am not sure how boxingscene had it though. Maybe Cliff can answer that. But, as Cliff also pointed out that Cyberboxingzone has Shane as the lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                It will be recognized as such by the ratings compiled at this site. Cyberboxingzone recognizes Mosley already. I don't because, at the time Mosley beat Margarito, I thought he still needed another win over Cotto who had won against him. Mosley, as the or a leading Welter is getting first crack at the man who retired as the lineal champ. Historically, in cases like Johnson-Jeffries and Ali-Holmes, the man who beat the man who walked away was able to claim the full lineage. Mosley will earn as much if he wins. If Floyd wins, he earns the right to say he is what he was: the genuine champion until he is beaten. Ring's take will be different, but then Ring will tell people a week from now that Kameda-Wonjongkam will "fill" a vacancy which is complete BS. It simply verifies a lineage that extends to Canto in the 70s. Kameda is ALREADY the champ.
                To add, I know from discussing how to regard Margarito-Mosley that CBZ took into account that, had Margarito won against Shane, with Williams up at 54, the lineage would CLEARLY have gone to Tony.

That brings us to May 1 and a new (or old) lineal champ. Pac will be their #1 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  The Ring had Shane Ranked at #1 but the title vacant. I am not sure how boxingscene had it though. Maybe Cliff can answer that. But, as Cliff also pointed out that Cyberboxingzone has Shane as the lineal champ.
                  Ring and our ratings were the same: Tony, Cotto, Mosley. I considered Mosley but said before the fight he couldn't be recognized without beating Cotto whereas, with Williams campaigning already at 54, Margarito could have claimed the title. CBZ is closer to reality than Ring ratings which say May 1 can't fill the crown.

Comment

IMO I still think Shane is the #1 ww.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      Ring and our ratings were the same: Tony, Cotto, Mosley. I considered Mosley but said before the fight he couldn't be recognized without beating Cotto whereas, with Williams campaigning already at 54, Margarito could have claimed the title. CBZ is closer to reality than Ring ratings which say May 1 can't fill the crown.

Cliff, a while ago we discussed the p4p ranking and you cited two factors in a PAC drop from the top; 1) a PBF win over shane and 2) a subpar performance by PAC against Clottey

i wouldn't consider the PAC outing subpar but let's say PBF looks dominant...does he leapfrog to the top spot?

Comment

Working...
                      X