No announcement yet.

How do you get the most out of life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get the most out of life?

I think the number 1 thing is brain chemistry, a brain damaged ****** that laughs everyday constantly, has imo a better life than a depressed or just a grumpy negative person that has looks, smarts, great life experiences, money possessions and so on.

But most people can get happy emotions in their mind predominately I think e.g. with a practice like meditation.

But lets say you have the happy emotions predominately. Now what?

Do you sacrifice and work like a mad man to get the very highest external rewards, like fame and fortune? (extreme rewards, extreme sacrifice, big risk of failure and all the work could be for nothing)

Do you not work so hard, and just try to get as many enjoyable life experiences? (moderate work, moderate pay off)

Do you not work at all (0 sacrifice) and just enjoy a lesser reward? (no work which is a pleasure in itself, but lesser rewards)

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 12-20-2015, 01:49 AM.

I take an antidepressant after every jerk off session. Life is good.

Comment

Interesting point of view!!

Please watch Dan Gilbert, explain this very topic!!!
      Great TED talk! If you have seen it before, I suggest watching it again!

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilber...py?language=en

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Interesting point of view!!

Please watch Dan Gilbert, explain this very topic!!!
        Great TED talk! If you have seen it before, I suggest watching it again!

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilber...py?language=en
        wow thats fascinating thanks bro, I haven't seen it yet but I bet if you dont get what you want it kills your ego a bit/alot and as all mediators know the ego tends to be a massive barrier to happiness, which is ironic since its the very thing you think is helping you

Comment

Just do stuff you like to do and surround yourself around persons you like to be around. That simple.

I like doing projects like builds, construction, nerdy shit liek computers for instance right now I just purchased a tablet (tab 4) so I can set it up and use as a IR remote to control my HTPC (kodi) which has like a bazillion games and unlimited movies and all that but im not even done with the way I want my set up to look. I got my ardunio board, the know how and I got like a 1000 LED ligth coming from china so I can set it up to use ambient light to make my system bad ass. Nerdy shit but I like it.

This is how my ambient ligth set up will sort of be like.

plus

(H)akuna Matata + Budweiser with Patron and Buchanan's

Comment

Smoke blunts. Hunt for aliens.

Pizza Rolls.

Larry X Life Insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Pizza Rolls.

Larry X Life Insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                I take an antidepressant after every jerk off session. Life is good.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Pizza Rolls.

Larry X Life Insurance.

Comment

In short, you do what makes you happy, with the card you've been dealt.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X