Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Kessler beat Froch.

Deal with it.

He knows how to beat Froch and he'll do it again.
    I re-watched the fight the other night, it was much closer than I felt it was the first time, for me it was a marginal, knife-edge win for Kessler as opposed to a clear one.

I think what hurt Froch (in addition to the crowd) is that he boxed off the backfoot which left Kessler as the aggressor which often sways judges.

I wasn't sure before, but I'd definitely pick Froch in a rematch and watching that fight back I can see why he wants it.

Comment

it was Froch's boxing off the backfoot and (surprisingly to many) excellent defense that caused Kessler so many range and timing issues and made him look so slappy and ineffectual by comparison to how crisp he looks with more basic targets in front of him. the vexation was visible often on his features. he wasn't entirely without success of course, he landed solid bodyshots and rocked Froch once (the shot that broke his aquiline nose), but was generally outjabbed/boxed, led around the ring and was rocked more often himself.

but it was a raucous, partisan Danish crowd. i can see how that may influence the perception of some.

Comment

It was Kessler's work to the body that subdued Froch's late onslaught, I thought he edged it (think I had it 115 - 113 Kessler) but I'll download the fight now and watch/score it again later.

I don't understand why you're so pessimistic about the rematch either?
        It's on here if you want it D, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpo...2#.UPGa7-Rg-1w (link is better quality than the embed).

Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler 2010-04-24 by tiguidou421

Comment

if this fight is not made, the public knows exactly whose side the blame lies on.

this fight not being made will be all anyone needs to know about what Kessler's made of.

if he doesn't want to step up and give us the fights we want, then mr. Kessler should retire to his eyeglasses and walking frame to swap anecdotes with mr. Ottke.

even with an official loss to Kessler, Froch will live much longer in the memories of boxing fans than the Scandinavian gentleman, who wishes he could be half the fighter Froch is.
          Carl is blazing a trail for European boxing. America respects him for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            It's on here if you want it D, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpo...2#.UPGa7-Rg-1w (link is better quality than the embed).

Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler 2010-04-24 by tiguidou421
            Cheers.

Froch and Kessler are both good friends, I'm sure the fight has been agreed in principle. Froch has to honour his mandatory with Stevenson too so that's just another obstacle in the way.

We'll have to wait and see what Matchroom say about Froch's next fight, when it's taking place etc and if I remember correctly, Sauerland was going to let us know soon about Froch-Kessler?

Comment

Froch has to honour his mandatory with Stevenson too so that's just another obstacle in the way.
              not really. didn't Froch say he'd vacate his title if the IBF did not grant him a waiver?

Even if the IBF does not recognize my fight against Kessler as a unification fight, I will still fight him. I am willing to sacrifice everything for the game. If it means that I have to give up my IBF belt, I'll do it. I fought hard to win the IBF belt, when I defeated Lucian Bute, and I am proud to be a world champion. But sometimes a match between two named fighters is larger than the title. A fight between Kessler and me is as big as it can get, whether there are two belts at stake or not
              http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-froc...kessler--61123

as for them being friends .. i'm sure Kessler would like for that to count for something when the bell sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                not really. didn't Froch say he'd vacate his title if the IBF did not grant him a waiver?

http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-froc...kessler--61123

as for them being friends .. i'm sure Kessler would like for that to count for something when the bell sounds.
                Eddie Hearn came out and said they'd keep the title at any cost, they've worked hard for it etc.

http://www.boxingscene.com/eddie-hea...tuation--61166

Obviously he has worked hard to win the IBF title and we do not want it going anywhere...
                Last edited by D-MiZe; 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

of course they 'want' to keep the title, but that's not the same as saying they'd hold onto it at any cost. if Froch wants Eddie to get him the Kessler fight, that's what Eddie will try and get.

the offer is already on the table regardless of the situation with the IBF and they are waiting on Kessler, who will let the deadline go without so much as a squeak.

thank goodness for Carl Froch. without him, who would have been there over the last few years to show the rest of the world that not all Europeans are protected, reluctant, manufactured, stage-managed hypejobs holding titles hostage in their back gardens?

the sport owes him so much. a beacon of hope in times both trying and uninspiring.

Comment

Cheers.

Froch and Kessler are both good friends, I'm sure the fight has been agreed in principle. Froch has to honour his mandatory with Stevenson too so that's just another obstacle in the way.

We'll have to wait and see what Matchroom say about Froch's next fight, when it's taking place etc and if I remember correctly, Sauerland was going to let us know soon about Froch-Kessler?
                    yeah according to Hearn the Stevenson mandatory has thrown a spanner in the works in terms of negotiations in that he felt with more time they would almost certainly get the fight done, whereas now it has become a race against time.

I believe it's Sauerland's call at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Since Kessler seems to only want easy fights at home for big money, I mean Allan Green? Magee? A fighter Froch ko'd years ago who is really a bum.

If Kessler wants to consider an even fight where he was a awarded a decision some kind of feather in his cap well then it just goes to show this guy's mental make up.
                      Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
                      Like froch said months ago.

Kessler is happy to fight guys in his hometown getting tidy paydays.
                      very nice posts, gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                      X