Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it me or is cottos punching power gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto was never a big puncher. Solid, heavy puncher. Accumulation puncher.

Comment

Doesn't KD Mayweather so he can't punch? Mayorga felt his left hook to his hand and he broke Foreman in half with a left hook to the body. He can still crack.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Pac & Floyd r the elite. U aren't just going to crush them with power shots. It's like Valero dominated Demarco but he didn't stop him in 1 round like he did all those other guys. U step up in comp, its not as easy to stop guys.

He was at his prime against Shame bit didn't really hurt him either. These are the elite. Not sayin they can't be stopped but there history tells u it won't be easy no matter how much power u have, not to mention they have great O coming back which makes it even harder to hurt guys
        Yeah but Mosley took a beating from the Ginger and he finished that fight. And in Cotto v. Mosley fight he kept him honest the whole fight. Mosley has got some beard. He never hit Floyd flush at any moment and he went full ****** in fighting against Pac just standing and trading until he got clobbered by one he couldn't see.

He just doesn't have it in him anymore. He needs to find a balance between moving and punching and standing his ground. Don't know if he can.

Comment

Nobody gives him the chance to step in the pocket and just tee off on the body anymore...

He doesn't get deep in there anymore for soo...

Comment

Originally posted by caredjo View Post
            Yeah but Mosley took a beating from the Ginger and he finished that fight. And in Cotto v. Mosley fight he kept him honest the whole fight. Mosley has got some beard. He never hit Floyd flush at any moment and he went full ****** in fighting against Pac just standing and trading until he got clobbered by one he couldn't see.

He just doesn't have it in him anymore. He needs to find a balance between moving and punching and standing his ground. Don't know if he can.
            LOL full ******,
            Yeah man never go full ****** especially against someone who can crack.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
              LOL full ******,
              Yeah man never go full ****** especially against someone who can crack.
              Lol yeah people forget Cotto has been touched before and he would always recover til he fought Marg. Then add Pac's power into the equation.... And you end up full ******. Not like Zab-Kostya ****** or Hatton-Floyd ******... But yeah

Comment

If you look at Cotto 2008 look at his back he was so big against Margarito then look at Cotto 2009 against Pacquiao there you see that Cotto looks thin on his back. In a nutshell his body looked done against Floyd, Mayorga , Cheato II, Foreman. He should retire for good.

Comment

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
                  i think that after the pacquiao fight is when it started because pacquaio took some shots from him and didnt seem bothered at all he doesnt punch like he use to anymore i think manny took his confidence i think thats why he doesnt punch like he used to anymore even against floyd floyd didnt look that bothered by his shots when he took some good shot from cotto

idk i think i might be imagining things plzz tell me what u think
                  Manny stew even admitted he was drained when he fought pac, and he actually busted pac's eardrum...his power was great for a drained guy, but pac just didnt feel punches back them...Im glad u posted this, cuz if u look at his rematch with margarito, marg's head was bouncing off his fist like a basketball...marg pretends that the punches dont hurt...but he had GREAT pop in those punches and him and marg fought at a cw...Floyd fought him more naturally and Floyd has always been known to walk thru punches

Comment

Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                    If you look at Cotto 2008 look at his back he was so big against Margarito then look at Cotto 2009 against Pacquiao there you see that Cotto looks thin on his back. In a nutshell his body looked done against Floyd, Mayorga , Cheato II, Foreman. He should retire for good.
                    Man ur crazy, he just gave the best fighter of this era, the fight of his life, and he should retire? Secret hate perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                      Hell NO. Unless those last few rounds against Floyd took something out of him, he looks completely revitalized to me. Maybe not prime but Id give him a shot against pretty much anyone out there, including Pac at 54

Comment

Working...
                      X