Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Mexican Boxing fan the Filipinos are owning us in Boxing Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a diehard Mexican Boxing fan the Filipinos are owning us in Boxing Today.

I have to give respect where respect is due I am as loyal a boxing fan as you will find but Filipinos are owning Boxing today with Pacquiao and Donaire. Mexico has a much richer Boxing history with lots of legendary names but in today's Boxing World the Philippines is dominating. Mexico has Saul Canelo Alvarez, Frankie Gomez, Jose Benavidez, and Abner Mares who I really feel can all be special.

Props to the Filipinos you boys can fight.

green k sent! Congrats! Nonito!

Comment

two thus far besides some potentials. mexicans, puerto ricans, etc span the weight divisions so they are definitely great boxers. the only thing good is manny can pass on the throne to another filipino! he is fil-am so he will easily transcend since he can speak english unlike pac. hopefully he keeps the way he is now but we'll see.

Comment

Naw, i don't think so. You guys still have more champions and Pacquiao and Donaire beating Mexican fighters doeesn't necessarily means you guys are being owned. Remember Ponce De Leon on Rey Bautista.

Comment

All of Los Mochis wept tonite.

Comment

PR is still Mexicos daddy...................................LOL

Comment

Sucks for you guys. Hey, you still got hope in Marquez.

Comment

The Philippines have a longer history in boxing, but yes, the Mexicans have definitely produced more champions. Make the boxing funds possible, Congressman!

Comment

As a Filipino boxing fan, I have a lot of respect for Mexican boxers. Donaire and Pacquiao are elite fighters, but the Philippines has a way to go before it can produce the type of depth that Mexico does. Hopefully in due time.

Comment

Every Nation has its moment, it seems the Philipinos are getting a two for one deal in this era.

While Manny may step down in a few short years, Nonito will step in with a few more high profile victories.

Comment

Working...
                    X