• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Round 4 getting Hopkins, Holyfield, and Liston

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/11/02...p-and-dlc-news

For those who play this game

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
    Nice, thanks for the info! Sonny Liston will be awesome!!

Green K given.

Comment

Damn, nice. thanks for the info. Wonder what they'll charge for it ..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Damn, nice. thanks for the info. Wonder what they'll charge for it ..........................
        They will charge the same as the last one probably, i'm happy with downloading the user created ones.

Comment

I wish they would add Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, and Floyd Mayweather... But I guess I'm still dreaming on that one.

Comment

Brizzo wrote:
            Because I am sure some of you would like some more details:
            Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet

This is pretty straightforward. Previously, when the boxers were standing toe-to-toe their locomotion speed was slower than when fighting at a distance. We fixed it so that if you are moving laterally or backwards, your movement speed is a little bit faster. The glued feet effect has been eradicated.

Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Part of the glue feet and spammer solution. The boxers do not move as much while punching. Previously, it was too easy to stay in your opponent's chest and keep punching, even when they successfully blocked a punch or two and tried to escape.

Increased the stamina cost when continually punching

Further tuning on the stamina to address punch spamming. When punches are thrown in combination for a certain amount of time the stamina loss increases to approximately 4 times the normal rate and stays that way until the boxer stops punching. The increased stamina loss also takes a few seconds to wear off.

Increased stamina loss when continually weaving

Same as above. If you spam the weave too many times the boxer will get fatigued faster and take a few seconds to recover.

Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement.

As above. Continuous upper-body movement for a prolonged period of time will drastically increase stamina loss. "Spinning" will make a boxer tired quickly for as long as the behavior is maintained and will take a few seconds for normal stamina loss to resume.

Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block.
            Spamming high-low-high-low-high-low on the Block will no longer reward the User with a Perfect Block. Once the Boxer's Block Strength drops below approximately %65, Perfect Blocks will no longer happen.

Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent.

This was kind of a pre-emptive decision in anticipation of future "cheese" behavior. With the updates we made to locomotion speed, punching and stamina - we wanted to make sure that a boxer couldn't get his track shoes on, non-stop, for 10 straight rounds.

Stamina loss increases when a Boxer moves laterally or backwards continuously for a prolonged period of time. When stamina is low, movement speed is decreased. It's not hard to box, but its not easy to run.

No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state.
            Yeah. We are forcing you to be sportsman-like and only throw low blows and headbutts when you are both feeling alright.

Increased stamina cost of Haymakers

Pretty self explanatory. Throwing more than two in a row now will really tire you out.

Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head.

To be less accurate. Slipping, dodging and weaving is a little more effective. Punches no longer track a moving target the same way they did before. In addition, we increased the default Punch Power setting and decreased the default Counter Window setting.

Comment

'm excited I cant believe hopkins wasnt on it at release..

Comment

Somebody upload Pac Vs. Tyson in Youtube

Comment

i'd like to see more old school fighters like liston in the game, joe louis would be awesome

Comment

^^It would be great.

I was looking around yesterday and I came across an Olympic version of Sugar Ray Leonard. Also the created fighters are not really that good, I saw a Mayweather with pink gloves and trunks lol.
                    So these fighters(Liston, Holy etc) are now available right?

Comment

Working...
                    X