No announcement yet.

Do you consider Golf a sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    So all sports that use equipment arent sports?
    if you say so. is darts a sport?

they're games if you want the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
      take away the clubs and it'd be walking. so technically i guess NO.
      Take the sticks away from hockey and it's just a bunch of meatheads skating so that's not a sport either.

Darts is a sport. As is billiards and snooker. As is golf. A sport is defined as "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others."

So golf is a sport.

Comment

See thats what my friend was saying...

I think darts is right on the borderline because it does require some physical attributes i think, i dont know what they are but some people you can tell are just better at it than others.

Golf for me is just as much a combination of technique and athletic ability as any other sport.

Comment

Yes it is, because you'r fighting your oppenents by physical and mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
            Yes it is, because you'r fighting your oppenents by physical and mental.
            This makes Chess a sport....but it's not...it's a game. Moving pieces is physical.

OK...im just trolling.

Comment

Golf is a sport the same way cheer leading is a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Take the sticks away from hockey and it's just a bunch of meatheads skating so that's not a sport either.

Darts is a sport. As is billiards and snooker. As is golf. A sport is defined as "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others."

So golf is a sport.
                I agree with you on almost everything, but darts is NOT a sport. Is crazy eights a sport? I used to play in tournaments in the six grade and I was goooooooood!

Comment

take away the clubs and it'd be walking. so technically i guess NO.
                  Take away the basketball, and it's just watching 10 guys dance ballet.

Comment

Originally posted by M0NZ0N View Post
                    Take away the basketball, and it's just watching 10 guys dance ballet.
                    ballet is more of a sport than darts and golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                      This makes Chess a sport....but it's not...it's a game. Moving pieces is physical.

OK...im just trolling.
                      A golfer need to do training for more beautiful hits, but I dont think chess players are doing a trainin for their fingers for more beautiful matts. There is even an international sports federations for chess . But it is not a sport for me . Only a puzzle game.

Comment

Working...
                      X