No announcement yet.

Through the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through the years

In a stern and commanding voice Johnny scorned at me as the muscle in my left arm cried for relief. The double ended bag darted sharply through the heat of the gym, the sweat glistening on it. I shot my left fist forward, striking the bag but not having the snap that it had when we had started the exercise some 5 rounds ago. The bag, when it struck my fist it seemed that it weighed a ton.

Bringing the fist back to gaurd I immediately step in snapping the jab again. The bag had been shooting at a 45' angle, reached it's peak and shot back. My right glove was already in place to catch the ball in my palm. Steping to the side again I snap the jab briskly into the rythme of the bag, digging a right hand. . Duking out I took a breathe, exiting the rythme.

Johnny steps in grabbing the top black elastic cord as the ball hastingly rotates to a sudden stop. I take breathes but they are empty. "Did you hear a bell..........!" Johnny pulled the cord and the bag back to his body and continued, "30 seconds is all there is.....put yo damn jab out there." Johnny releases the cord and the bag shoots instantly towards me and then past me as I duk my head out of the way. I strained against that muscle in the arm again.......and dug as deep as I could but I could reach the darting bag. The muscle tensed as I begged it for another shot.... but it could not reach....I was not fast enough

But I never dropped the glove low in return, it was returned to position every time. Double it up-SNAP. Slip out da way- One left hook snap. Slip out the wRIGHTHAndsnaplefTHOOK-snap..............Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-03-2011, 04:21 PM.

Motivational, Imma go for a run

Comment

I've yet to master the double-end bag; I work on it all the time but I can't seem to get a good rhythm going. Is there a trick to it?

Comment

Not everyone has the same rhythm, start off by hitting it slowly and correctly and then build up yoyr speed. I personally listen to music and do it to the beat.

Comment

It is funny

Comment

Working...
          X